“Delicious food! ”
Review of Black iron grill

Black iron grill
Ranked #64 of 122 Restaurants in Kent
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious! We had the bacon wrapped scallops that were melt your mouth amazing. My husband and I both had the delicious salmon. The staff and the owner were very friendly. We will be going back soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

We are celebrating our 7th Anniversary and my Husband Suprised me and took me to the Black Iron Grill. I’d like to tell you a small story about us... Back in October 9th 2010 we got married / Reception also at the Rusty Nail where the Black Iron Grill Sits now. Was a Beautiful 82 degree day just like today. When my husband pulled up to route 43 I started to tear up I knew exactly where he was heading.... We always wanted to go back and relive our Beautiful day and Today couldn’t of been more perfect...it was a mirror image to our wedding day... Tonight we sat outside , our waiters name was Keith it was his first night on the floor and he couldn’t of been a better waiter than he was tonight. Made sure we were taken care of always made sure our drinks were full. I had the sirloin and Lobster mac n cheese it was Amazing words can’t even describe how amazing this food was. My Husband had the special Seafood stuffed haddock and bacon Mac n cheese. He was blown away as well.... We will definitely be going back! And for sure spreading the word!! Here is to the New owners and here’s to many many more years to come

1  Thank Jackie P
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The service was good. That was the high point of my experience though. The food was bland tasteless. The atmosphere was terrible and seems cheap. It looks like a funeral home! It seems like not much as changed since it was the Rusty Nail. I would suggest changing the decor.

4  Thank unlv f
Reviewed September 28, 2017 via mobile

This was our first time dining at BIG and our friends second. Our waitress was new and she tried hard but drinks kept getting mixed up and things were just uneven for most of the evening. My husband's Caesar salad was nice but my house salad had a very glue like blue cheese dressing. Heavy and way too much dressing. My Chicken Marsala was a very thick salty brown sauce with several tiny button mushrooms on top of nicely cooked chicken breast. I ordered au gratin potatoes which were good. My husband liked his steak and it was cooked perfectly. Onion rings were excellent. A little more staff training will help with a focus on fresh preparations.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

We were anxiously awaiting the re-opening of what was one of our favorite restaurants in Kent - the Rusty Nail. Finally, it was re-invented and everything looked promising ... until we tried it. The décor was very nice with the addition of good looking booths and a large new bar area. We sat at a high-top table in the bar - our usual choice at the "Nail". The bartender was also our server and took our drink order, a martini on the rocks for me and a bottle of decent Chardonnay for both of us to enjoy during dinner. Surprise! My martini on the rocks was served in a regular stemmed martini glass with ice cubes (never had that before)! The bottle of wine was opened at the bar and was put on the table...don't they have ice buckets? And,aren't bottles of wine always opened at the table? Dinner - Caesar salads were acceptable; no bread, rolls or crackers were offered; but dinner was not. I sent back my totally burned shrimp and it was brought back cooked ok, but on a white dinner size plate with nothing else on it. The salmon was two small dry filets. Needless to say, we skipped coffee and dessert - oh, it was never offered. Paid our check with a tip definitely not deserved, and left. Such a shame for a greatly anticipated evening.

Been to Black iron grill? Share your experiences!