“So wanted to like this place...”
Review of Black iron grill

Black iron grill
Ranked #63 of 121 Restaurants in Kent
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

5 of us for lunch , mini holiday celebration. Only one other customer at 11:45AM. Was the first sizeable snow day BUT...long wait for service then really LONG LONG wait for food. Ordered sandwiches from lunch menu, nothing extraordinary. Food was just okay, homemade chips would have been better if warm or even hot. While s nice long fire was in the free standing fireplace, the room was very (temperately) cold, so wrapped my coat around myself even though I was dressed for the weather. Had to try the place, owners are working hard, beef is Iowa Angus and seafood is caught wild. May try again in 6 months, maybe not! Too many other super restaurants in the Kent area.

1  Thank Dyanne S

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Went for some adult beverages to check the place out. The bartenders were competent and attentive. A couple more family members sought us out so it turned into dinner. I give them and would suggest other reviewers give them some breaks. They did a soft open, some of their staff needed some training and they were working out some kinks in the kitchen. Service was fine. Recommendations from the waitress were spot on. I had the ribs and they were cooked to perfection, neither tough nor falling off the bone. I will continue to go back and try other menu items. The outdoor dining will be a plus in the warmer months. And the owner is always around, making your feel welcome.

Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

The food was delicious! We had the bacon wrapped scallops that were melt your mouth amazing. My husband and I both had the delicious salmon. The staff and the owner were very friendly. We will be going back soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

We are celebrating our 7th Anniversary and my Husband Suprised me and took me to the Black Iron Grill. I’d like to tell you a small story about us... Back in October 9th 2010 we got married / Reception also at the Rusty Nail where the Black Iron Grill Sits now. Was a Beautiful 82 degree day just like today. When my husband pulled up to route 43 I started to tear up I knew exactly where he was heading.... We always wanted to go back and relive our Beautiful day and Today couldn’t of been more perfect...it was a mirror image to our wedding day... Tonight we sat outside , our waiters name was Keith it was his first night on the floor and he couldn’t of been a better waiter than he was tonight. Made sure we were taken care of always made sure our drinks were full. I had the sirloin and Lobster mac n cheese it was Amazing words can’t even describe how amazing this food was. My Husband had the special Seafood stuffed haddock and bacon Mac n cheese. He was blown away as well.... We will definitely be going back! And for sure spreading the word!! Here is to the New owners and here’s to many many more years to come

1  Thank Jackie P
Reviewed October 3, 2017

The service was good. That was the high point of my experience though. The food was bland tasteless. The atmosphere was terrible and seems cheap. It looks like a funeral home! It seems like not much as changed since it was the Rusty Nail. I would suggest changing the decor.

4  Thank unlv f

Been to Black iron grill? Share your experiences!