“Date night dinner”
Review of Black iron grill

Black iron grill
Ranked #70 of 122 Restaurants in Kent
Reviewed March 5, 2018

We were looking for a nice dinner out for date night and decided to try The Black Iron Grill. It was a great choice! The food was excellent and the servers were very attentive. We plan to go again.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

A group of 8 visited for a special New Year's Eve dinner. We were disappointed. Where to begin?
Food was ok. I can live with that. The NYE cocktail was tasteless. Orders were sometimes incorrect and ill- timed. My coffee came only after reminders and after dessert was finished. The very worst was that the waitress told us to hurry up, others were waiting! We had been there a normal amount of time and there were tables in other parts of the restaurant available. We saw them while walking out, never to return. I wanted to like it but was very disappointed.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

Tried this restaurant for the first time. I hand the 10 oz. NY strip and my spouse had the salmon with bourbon glaze. The food was prepared quickly and our waiter was attentive.
We both chose the salad with white French dressing. The salads were large and the dressing was very good. My steak was cooked to my order, medium and was very flavorful. The accompanying baked potato was just ok. My wife liked her salmon but was unimpressed by the bourbon glaze. All in all it was a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed January 20, 2018

John and his mom, owners, lol. Have no idea what they are doing!! They are rude, their food is horrible! We have had a problem every time! John actually told us to get the f'n out and never come back. He took our money for food and then said they didn't have it and got mad when we asked for our money back! Really last I heard if you pay for something you get it...not how John does it.

2  Thank Lynda C
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

A group of 20 of us ate here, the service started out great! She brought our drinks right away, but waited about 20 minutes to take our lunch order we had reservations at 11:30 and food was not brought out until 1:00 ish. Jessica was our server she was great! Nice and accommodating! I believe it was the managements fault for not bringing in 2 or 3 servers for a group of 20, we made reservations several weeks in advance. I got the 8 oz steak house special it was only just o.k. Not as tender as I thought it was going to be and had a lot of gristle in it. The salad that came with it was big ( nothing special) and the fries were nice and crispy on the outside and tender on the inside! I'll try it again maybe with not so many people and see how it goes. It is winter now but maybe in the summer we can try, as the patio looks really inviting!

1  Thank Beth M

Been to Black iron grill? Share your experiences!