“Great atmosphere! Food is wonderful! Staff is friendly!!”
Review of Black iron grill

Black iron grill
Ranked #68 of 128 Restaurants in Kent
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I love this place! The people are so friendly, the service is awesome! The steak and scallops were the best!! A great place to relax and have a nice dinner!!!

Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

Went to this restaurant for a birthday dinner and the food was bland, the decor was bland, and the service was terrible. Go to Longhorn or Outback.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

It was the same building, the inside hasn’t changed much and we were hoping it would be the same with the food. The Black Iron Grill is the name now, but it used to be The Rusty Nail one of our favorite restaurants. It was a special occasion so with high hopes we went to the Black Iron Grill. The wait for a table was 20 to 30 min., no problem a good meal is worth waiting for. So we went to the bar for some drinks, my husband ordered a Dirty Martini which came to the table without olives, so had had to ask for them. Over $20 for 2 Martinis and a ginger ale, seemed a little pricey. We finally got are table in about a half hour. When our waiter came to the table he informed us that once we ordered our meal the kitchen was a little backed up so it will take awhile for us to get our food. We ordered a couple appetizers which didn’t take to long to get. My husband ordered a shrimp cocktail the dipping sauce was so strong with horseradish He couldn’t handle it, I have never heard him say something had to much horseradish before. I ordered French Onion Soup, one of my favorites it looked a little different but I dug right in. It didn’t taste
like any FOS I have ever tasted. Thinking it might be just
me I had my husband and my sister-in-law taste it and neither one of them liked it either, it just didn’t taste right. So the waiter said he would take it off of the bill. After a 45 minute wait and talking to some other disgruntled customers about the ridiculous wait for their dinners, our dinners arrived. I ordered chicken smothered in mushrooms, cheese, and onions with a baked potato. The chicken was cooked to perfection, really nice and juicy, my husband had a steak which he said taste alright but was really tough which was really disappointing because this was there signature steak. The third in our party ordered haddock which they said was tasteless. So
It wasn’t all bad, but for the most part a very disappointing evening. Even if we weren’t comparing it to a
Restaurant we loved, our opinion of The Black Iron Grill still wouldn’t be favorable. I don’t believe we will be back. Long wait for our table, drinks and food are pricey, long long wait for our food which was nothing to write home about. The waiter did take the French onion soup off of the bill but only the words “French Onion Soup” but there was no price adjustment. An overall disappointing evening.

Reviewed June 27, 2018

We had a reservation for 7 at 5:45. At the time we were seated there were 4 other tables being served. At 6:30 our order had still not been taken--so we just left. When asked by the owner/manager why we were leaving I informed her of our 45 minute wait. I found this to be amusing since she was sitting in the bar area and certainly should have witnessed the chaos in the dining area. When we left there was one server attempting to wait on 9 -10 tables. Additionally, the dining area had a strong musty/mildew odor and was pretty unclean.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Staff nice and food interesting, but not exciting enough for me. I tried the dish with a mix of fish and beef. Alas, not likely to come again.

Been to Black iron grill? Share your experiences!