“Deliciously Historic”

The Golden Lamb Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Golden Lamb Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Lebanon
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: The Golden Lamb is recognized as the oldest continuously operating business in the State of Ohio. On December 23, 1803, Jonas Seaman spent $4 for a license to operate a "house of Public Entertainment." The Golden Lamb got its name due to the fact that many early pioneers could not read, so giving a business a name that could be easily drawn and recognized, such as the Black Horse or Golden Lamb, was a necessity.The brick building where the Golden Lamb moved to and currently resides was built in 1815. The original building was a two story structure located where our lobby area and Dickens dining room currently stand. In 1844 a third story was added. Shortly after, in 1854 a three story wing was added which is where our Shaker and Buckeye room dining rooms currently stand. In 1878, a fourth story was added to accomodate the workers who would bring the railroad to Lebanon. The gift shop and Black Horse Tavern were added to the structure in 1964.The Golden Lamb was visited by so many prominent guests in the early 1800's because it was located halfway between Cincinnati and the National Road (U.S. 40). Robert H. Jones' ownership of the property beginning in 1926 marked the transformation of the old hotel into the great attraction and marvelous restaurant it is today. Under their guidance, the inn's great reputation became well known throughout the country. Their ownership also marked the restoration of the hotel to its original name, The Golden Lamb.
Reviewed April 22, 2018

Wonderful meal from a great menu. Very imaginative and different. Friendly and prompt service and a great bar.

Reviewed April 22, 2018

We were celebrating my MIL's birthday, and our family all came into town for Easter Weekend. I needed a place that would take a reservation for 15 people, and also offer a selection of entrees for some picky eaters and a vegetarian. I spoke to De De in group sales for the restaurant, and reserved the Harrison room for our large party. We were allowed 2.5 hours in the room. There was no fee for the room, but a minimum amount that needed to be spent by our party ($450). The limited Easter Menu featured 7 different entrees (including their famous friend chicken!), 4 appetizers, 4+ desserts, some specialty cocktails. The room was set up when we arrived, with a square arrangement. Our server Ryan did a wonderful job serving our party, with some help from a bus person taking care of refilling waters and removing dishes. Everyone was pleased with their entrees and desserts - With 15 people we sampled everything on the menu! Our out of town guests were impressed with the quality of service and food we received in our small town. We were able to take some outdoor photos afterward in their gazebo park which our family will treasure forever!

Reviewed April 13, 2018 via mobile

We eat in the bar area. Black horse I think is the name. Fantastic atmosphere. Live music Friday night. The goat cheese appetizer is delicious. I got the mushroom cobbler. Delicious. My wife loved her sliders.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Great décor, pleasant staff, some exceptional dishes. When we found ourselves passing through Lebanon OH on a Saturday evening we took a chance and walked into the famous eatery. Our party of five was early to the dinner rush and had no problem securing a table without a reservation. The service was attentive but I was expecting a little more. Instead of asking me if I wanted to keep my fork when I had finished my salad just bring me another fork. For the food, the cheese curds are good, the pork tenderloin was outstanding, the beef filet was very good and the prime rib was average. After dinner take a moment to walk through the gift shop.

Reviewed April 7, 2018 via mobile

Fresh yeast rolls with apple butter and bacon jam followed by fried chicken, mashed potatoes and fresh veggies. Thoroughly enjoyed by 3 in our party. While I do eat meat, I was intrigued by the mushroom vegetable cobbler. It was fantastic! The chef also came to our table to check on us which was a nice touch. The building is interesting, and I understand that if the guest rooms upstairs are unoccupied the staff will give you a brief tour. Didn’t ask on this visit, but will absolutely return!