“Enjoyed the hospitality”

Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Friendly staff and very clean property. Very good for the value - I highly recommend for you stay at this place don't be fool by the brand. Best Western has changed its image in last couple of years.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HemalM

Reviewed 16 May 2011

We were very happy with this hotel. The room was clean, carpet clean. The pool area is beautiful, the pool towels were kind of small but thats ok. The complimentary breakfast is really good, it had eggs, sausage, waffles and assorted pastries with coffee, tea & juice. They take dogs, they had a cute little bag of treats for our dog. I would definately stay here again. Very nice clean place with friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dbarano
Reviewed 10 April 2011

In marketing, the Customer Value Proposition is defined as the sum of benefits promised to a customer by a vendor.

I was in Mansfield for a single night for a family reunion. I knew we would be rolling in late and out early. If I'm spending just 11 hours in a hotel, I really just want a value.

I looked at the La Quinta next door, but it was booked. The Hampton across the street was $145 out the door. The other hotels at this interchange are a notch down, a Super 8 and a Travelodge.

I decided to try the Best Western for $88 out the door. After all, that extra $57 goes a long way toward my next tank of gas.

Is the Best Western brand new? Of course not...read through the old reviews, this hotel started life as a now-defunct AmeriHost Inn, and has its signature huge two-story wood-beamed pool area.

It's been completely refurbished. The only deficiency I could find was the parking lot could use paved. After the friendly check-in, this place had all the amenities I would expect at a Hampton: indoor pool, breakfast (small area, four tables), hair dryer, micro/fridge, in-room coffee, interior corridors, safe and iron/ironing board). The room was very clean, had new bedspreads, everything worked and the bathroom was spotless.

This place is just a touch rough around the edges, and maybe Hampton would have conditioner along with the shampoo, but nothing that's worth $57 more.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Very quiet for Thanksgiving. Everything in working order, clean, nice staff. Really nice indoor pool and hot tub that we had completely to ourselves. Okay breakfast with nice attendant. Very good for the price. We visited family in the area and will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I stopped here because it was in the right spot at the right time on a long road trip along I-71. I was referred by the desk clerk at another hotel nearby who said it's the only spot other than the one where he works that he recommends. It was a great choice. Older reviews of this place should be ignored. It's not the same hotel as it was. It became a Best Western about a year ago and has been completely renovated and refurnished. Rooms are clean and furnished with nearly new and comfortable mattresses. Mine was large with a nice seating area. The skylit indoor pool and hot tub areas were surprisingly pleasant, a nice unwinding spot after a long drive. I didn't have time to stay for the free breakfast but the dining area was attractive and it seemed to be set up for a nice meal, including waffles. It's not a resort destination sort of place but a great choice if you need to stop in the area and a good value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank MaNewenglander
Reviewed 17 December 2009

We had a lot of fun. The rooms were great. We stayed in a suite with a jacuzzi. It was very nice. Good breakfast. Nice staff.

2  Thank Maya7890
Reviewed 14 December 2009

We were in Mansfield for a weekend trip and decided to stay at this hotel, from the time we walked in the door to the time we checked out we were very pleased. The front desk staff and housekeeping staff were always willing to help us. The breakfast was perfect for us. The pool was a relaxing end to our full days! I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to our friends!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
0.3 km away
12.3 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield
6.3 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center Bellville

Been to Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield? Share your experiences!