See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 19, 2015 via mobile

Very attentive staff, super clean rooms! All meals provided for our groups weekend. Served in conference center on site . The grounds were impeccable and beautifully landscaped. The conference center was a great private space . Evening included a fire pit gathering . Highly recommend and I will return this season again !!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

All of the negative reviews about this place is so true! This hotel is way overpriced. The elevator didn't even work half of the time. The soda machine in the hall had warm outdated soda in it. The bed was the hardest bed I have ever slept on. The place was just terrible!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bethany A
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding and thought it would be nice to be walking distance to the Lighthouse. Negative.. The lighthouse you have to drive to so don't stay here just for that. The power went out while we were there nobody cared even after we contacted the hotel. We still have yet to hear from anyone so I will leave this review for others. There were pincher bugs crawling on the walls in the room, the windows of the hotel are disgusting and covered with webs and trapped dead bugs from years gone by. The smallest bottle of shampoo/conditioner ever made is what you get, And you get 1. So if you're planning on washing your hair BRING YOUR OWN. It left my hair feeling like straw. The jacuzzi tub was the best thing of the entire trip. The towels were okay but small and crunchy feeling. Bedspreads and decor are "vintage",,, like.. Brady Bunch Era Vintage. The TV is great! if you can get it to work. Then you fight the good fight trying to the get the tv not to have lines across it and freeze up. It was impossible to even try and watch it. The next morning when turning in our key an older lady was trying to tell the man in the key area that she had left her jacket in Ritskys the hotel restaurant the previous night and she had personally found out the 3 people that had worked there that evening and could he ask them if they found her jacket. He siad, " Not now, I'm trying to do 4 things at once." I went and tried to help her look for it. Even the employees didn't bother to look or ask any other employees if they had found a jacket. We asked if we could have lunch. Nope! It was 11:10 and the young waiter in Ritskis said we had to have the breakfast buffet which we had just seen them taking down the hall on a cart. Gross.. No thank you. We said we would wait for 'Lunch" to get a burger and fries which we had the day before and it was decent. When my husband said we would would just sit and wait for the lunch time to be served could he get a cup of coffee (which was out on the counter in a pot) the waiter charged us. For 1 cup of coffee,, because we chose to wait. As we waited for my husband to finish his coffee and debated just leaving after being charged for a cup of coffee we noticed that the ketchup bottle were out on the outside counter, We guessed that they had been left out all night and would probably be left out all day long. This was brought up again when we left and ate breakfast down the road at a WONDERFUL cafe called AVERY'S CAFE. This little cafe had their ketchup and other condiments in a small refrigerator. Our choice to leave and eat somewhere else was the best decision we made. It had GREAT food and I would have been happy to even pay more for the food than what I was billed. (They do need to add sausage gravy though). Lighthouse was a huge disappointment. Bummer,
** Also the shuttle that took everyone to the wedding broke down. Although I dont think this was the hotels fault.

Room Tip: It's gross. Just gross. And the power went out. And there were bugs and webs all over the outside of the hotel windows you got to look at when you climb the dirty stairs going to your room on the inside. Uncaring employees. Jacuzzi tub was nice. Probably because nobody stays long enough to use it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2longislands
Reviewed June 18, 2014

One reviewer was correct in their stating this hotel is highly overpriced for what is accommodated. This is basically a motel, not a hotel or resort. Just a motel. Just about the quality of a 60.00 motel and no more. At least free WiFi is provided.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jean C
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We couldn't find a hotel in Port Clinton on a Saturday night so we were directed to Marblehead and the Lighthouse Resort. With no other vacancies we were forced to pay the ridiculous price for a old, dated room. Check in was kind of strange as we filled out a small 4 x 8 card in pencil with all our info on it. (drivers license?) Mike was very nice though and checked us in quickly. Room was on second floor (thank heaven- away from the bar and the band). I cant imagine what it was like being on the first floor near the bar. Sounded loud and noisy. Room was old and beds were very uncomfortable (2 pillows). Room had 42" tv which was nice and plenty of channels. Small fridge and microwave was good addition also. Bathroom was small and when you flushed toilet it sounded like the place was going to blow up. Old dirty carpet on floor. Our view was not of the lake or Cedar Point but an old run down house behind hotel. "Resort" would have been ok at half the price I paid. I also probably would have enjoyed this hotel if I was 20 again and sat in the bar drinking and listening to the band.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, make sure you are away from the bar and have a view of the lake
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family