“One night stay in penthouse suite”
Review of The Lafayette

The Lafayette
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We recently stayed in one of the penthouse suites for a night. The room was large and beautifully appointed, including a king-size four-poster bed and a nice sitting area with a view of the river. The spacious bathroom had a teeny tiny shower but a very large jacuzzi bathtub. The room was clean and quiet and very romantic. Will definitely consider staying here again.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Came with girlfriends and truly enjoyed our stay. Beds we're comfy, very clean room, tv fine (limited channels), loved the history of the hotel, great view of river, and walking distance to cute shops and eateries. Marietta Brewing Co is just up the street. Now my husband wants to go. So grab some pals and book a room.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I along with my brother and sister in law decided to take a trip to Marietta. For one we heard the hotel was haunted and thought it would be a fun adventure since Halloween was near. Once we arrived we had to wait over an hour Which they promised it would be ready by 3:00 and it wasn’t until after 4 until they handed us the room keys. Also they charged our rooms wrong. Didn’t explain about a $40 hold until checkout. Which I’m still waiting for the refund? Service was awful . We ate at the restaurant in the hotel and there was only one server. The bar maid was never behind the bar. Also we wanted to watch the Indians game and the bartender told us this place a few blocks away had the game on so we walked in the pouring rain only to find the place was closed! The next morning I called to order breakfast and no one answered the phone. I even left a message and no one called back. The rooms need some TLC. Wallpaper is peeling off walls. No coffee maker in rooms although in the lobby they had coffee. We spoke to the manager the next morning but all she said was they were short staffed and acted like she didn’t care. Hotel was nice but we’ve stayed many places and All and all I would never go back.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

From the front desk to the maid staff to the restaurant/bar staff, we were treated wonderfully. The place is dog-friendly, so we had our bulldog in tow and he was showered with treats and love by all. The Riverview Lounge has the friendliest and most polite bartenders. I'm a huge beer fan, but we opted for this bar over Marietta Brewing Co. because of how great the staff was. The hotel itself if gorgeous, and while the shower head was pretty low, we really have nothing to complain about. There was a wedding going on during our stay, but our section of the floor was still quiet. We loved our stay and look forward to returning!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sheila R, General Manager at The Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

I'm glad to hear that you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Marietta.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Hotel has some historical charm and fits in with local atmosphere. It offers a great view of the confluence of the Muskingum and Ohio Rivers. We enjoyed the Romantic Stay package. The hotel failed to have some of the promised add-ons when we arrived, but quickly remedied the situation with no fuss or muss. In the end, we were very satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing the Lafayette Hotel. I apologize for the confusion on the package when you arrived & I am very glad that corrected the situation. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Marietta.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Checked in after football game. Room comfortable and cozy. Nice view of River and boats. Problem began when we were dressed for dinner, watching the OSU/Army game...another couple opened our door with a key card thinking it was their room. No apologies, just turned around and closed door. Curious, we went to the desk, clerk said, "OH, sorry, that was my fault, I did that!!!! When we went back to our room, our key card didn't work and he had to go back downstairs and have it fixed. Around 9:30 husband fell asleep quickly, I tried to, but the people in the adjoining room were so noisy with loud voices, kept me awake. By 10:15, I had enough. I went down to the desk and person there said security would be sent up to that room to ask them to quiet down. They did, but around 11 PM it sounded like a big industrial dryer with heavy things in it would go on for 20 minutes then off for a couple. This cycle went on til 1am. Not sure what it was, but it kept me up. I know there was a problem before we checked in with the elevator (right outside our door (room 402). The noise was incessant and distracting. I even turned on the air conditioner as a sort of white noise, didn't help. I had a terrible night's sleep, don;t know if I want to stay here again. We have stayed MANY times before with no problems.!

Room Tip: Streetside rooms with balconies are spacious and scenic. Rooms that connect with others by a common...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lparzero
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Visited Marietta (one of our favorite cities) for the Sternwheel Festival last weekend. Marietta is a great get away place any time of the year. Enjoyed eating a light snack and dinner here. Food is always top notch. Atmosphere is great. An old time hotel with great hospitality.

Stayed: September 2017
Sheila R, General Manager at The Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for choosing the Lafayette Hotel. Sternwheel Festival is an amazing time to come to Marietta. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
3.5 km away
3.6 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta
2.6 km away
Quality Inn Event and Conference Center

Been to The Lafayette? Share your experiences!