“Our "Go To" Mexican Restaurant”
Review of El Rancho Grande

El Rancho Grande
Ranked #50 of 166 Restaurants in Mason
Reviewed September 3, 2017

You're in the mood for Mexican and there are a hundred Mexican restaurants to choose from. Where do you go? Our "go to" Mexican restaurant has become the Mason location of El Rancho Grande. This location has plenty of off street parking, a decent bar area, outdoor covered seating and a spacious interior with plenty of booth and table seating.

It's menu has an almost incalculable number of choices and combinations that you can really choose the amount of food that suites your appetite to a tee. I've had better, more authentic Mexican food, but not in Cincinnati, or for that matter Ohio.

El Rancho Grande offers Mexican food that the Midwest palate has grown accustomed to over the years. They also offer some great Happy Hour prices on exceptional Margarita's from 4 to 6 PM. I would recommend ordering at least one Margarita.

We come here often and it can get busy pretty early in the evening on any given weekend, but they appear to keep the line moving. The outdoor seating can be fun when the weather is nice. El Rancho Grande handles large groups with ease and everyone seems to enjoy their food and experience. You definitely won't leave here hungry.

With the ala carte menu and the numerous entrees you can spend as little as $6.00 for a smaller plate. Single item plates begin around $10.29 while combinations can go as high as $16.99, so you can really manage your budget.

I know you won't be disappointed with this location of the El Rancho Grande franchise.

Reviewed May 14, 2017 via mobile

The food and service was excellent. The food was hot and flavorful. I'm from St Louis, but if ever I'm back up this way, I'll be back.

Reviewed March 26, 2017

The service is always great and the guy that runs out the meals with plates all the way up his arm is extremely talented.

We have never had a bad dish and we are in the restaurant every 3-4 weeks. The chips and salsa are awesome. The margaritas are delicious. I cannot decide if my favorite dish is the California Burrito or the fajitas. My wife loves the Pollo Loco.

For a moderately priced restaurant with great food and great service, this is one of our favorites in the Mason area.

I would give it 5 stars but I reserve those ratings for places that you go on an anniversary dinner. This is the best I give for a regular meal so that means this place gets a 4 out of 4.

1  Thank soshaughnessey
Reviewed November 23, 2016

I have been here several times, and will be back. The building is nice - it looks like an upscale restaurant, but the prices are very good (lunch menu ranges from $5.49 to $9.99). The place is always clean, including the restrooms. The service is usually prompt, although on the latest visit it was on the slow side. Excellent complimentary chips and salsa. The food is authentic Mexican fare, and is served hot. I recommend the tilapia - outstanding!

Reviewed November 4, 2016 via mobile

We decided to have Mexican food but needed to get it on the run. Went in and ordered our food and it was ready in 5 minutes. Much quicker than the local Taco Bell. The food was very tasty and service was friendly. Will order from this place again.