“Quick trip to Toledo” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Maumee
Dayton, Ohio
“Quick trip to Toledo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

Hotel had just been updated and almost every thing was up to Marriott standards. They did a good job on the updates. The beds and rooms were like new. The breakfast was the standard Fairfield Inn and was well stocked and serviced. The staff was friendly and helpful with directions around the street work being done in from of the hotel. This hotel will be on my list the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel returning from visiting our two sets of grandchildren. It is located right off the Ohio Turnpike and is right next to an Applebee's restaurant. Several other restaurants are nearby. Moreover, Applebee's gave us a discount when we showed them our room key. The hotel is very clean and quiet.

Room Tip: I asked for a quite room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

We were driving from Minneapolis, MN to Cleveland, OH to visit the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. We decided to stay here in Maumee, OH so the next morning we would have a short drive into Cleveland. This hotel is very nice, clean, has a pool & fitness center, free wi-fi, & free breakfast every morning. Lots of restaurants are very nearby too.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Made this reservation via telephone call directly to hotel prior to leaving for vacation. Asked to have a quiet location on a higher floor away from high traffic areas, ice machines, etc. When we checked in, we were given a room next to the pool, near the elevator, first floor. Not sure why hotels have so much trouble granting simple requests especially when they are not full/sold out! At first we were told there were no other rooms, but after a bit more checking, a much more ideal location was discovered on the top floor at the end of the hall. Thank you, Bryan, for reassigning us without too much discussion and for your pleasant conversation. Room was relatively clean with the usual signs of wear and tear especially in the bathroom. Bed was very comfortable, and we were able to open the window to get fresh air. Air conditioners are a bit noisy for my liking. Breakfast in the morning was decent, and the area was clean. The hotel offers discounts at certain area restaurants. We didn't want to get back in the car so opted for the Applebee's next door. Not such a good choice

Room Tip: ASK for what you want when you arrive on site!!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

I previously had stayed here in July 2010 for a business trip and while the hotel was being remodeled, the rooms were perfect. I knew that the hotel was finished at the point of this second booking so I was not worried about my stay.

Upon arrival, I immediately saw the completed lobby. It was much more favorable than the concrete slab and sawdust from my previous visit. The original breakfast room now has become the workout room and the main lobby now hosts tables and a food area. They provide free internet on site with computers and printers available.

The room were meticulous as my previous stay which has ensure that the hotel will get books again. The hotel had matched my price from my previous visit so the trip had become even better.

Food is available in any direction.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank scorro1
Phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed at the hotel during a recent family event. The hotel is located in a great area with inexpensive to great dinning around the area.

Checkin was easy. The front desk agent was responsive, friendly and offered information about the area without me requesting. I was able to get a great rate so I was already pleased.

The room was a great value. The bed was comfortable and the room was nicely designed for the standard Fairfield product. The bathroom was clean and there were extra towels which is a nice touch.

The gym was small with only three pieces of equipment. The TV was set in a corner with the equipment at a right angle, after running on the treamill for 30 minutes, you will get a pain in your neck from turning your head right, a small design flaw that can be fixed by maintenance.

The breakfast was the free standard Fairfield coffee, Bagels, cearal and fruit. Parking was free. The hotel lobby was inviting and was busy which is actually a nice touch for this brand.

The business center was small and was what I would expect for this hotel type. The Internet was a bit on the slow side.

Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

I split my time between the Courtyard by Marriott and the Fairfield Inn when I’m in Maumee visiting friends and family. I had enough Marriott points to stay at the Fairfield Inn for free and I was pleasantly surprised they renovated the entire place! Everything is new and fresh feeling. The carpet is a really neat design, the bathroom is bright and cheery, the flat screen tv is a nice touch, the paint color really makes the room stand out. I am so happy with all the changes. I will definitely book the Fairfield Inn the next time I am in town. I won’t bother with the Courtyard until they remodel. I did not eat breakfast at the hotel but I saw everything set up and it looked like a nice spread of food. If you really want to go to a great place for breakfast go to the Star Diner. It’s across the street near the Panera.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple