All reviewstypical courtyardstarbucks coffeeroom blockfriendly greetinghighly recommend this propertyoutstanding stafftrip homestayed here for one nightroom was largeclean hoteloff the highwaytoledo maumeegreat roomfront desk staffpleasant staylong drivea great place to stay
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I recently stayed here as we were visiting my elderly father at Swan Creek. We had reserved a feather-free room and are Gold members of Marriott's program. We were upgraded to a suite, which we thought was very nice. Good gesture by the front desk staff.

The room was large and divided into a sitting area and a sleeping area. The bed was comfortable. The shower not too good. The lighting in the sitting area was very poor. The curtain in the sitting area had been damaged, so it was virtually impossible to open or close it. The light fixture in the bathroom was missing a cover. The A/C unit in the sleeping room smelled badly of mildew, so much so that we kept it off most of the time.

Attention to detail is what was needed. The housekeeping staff should have noted all of the room's deficiencies and had the engineering staff fix them. Individually, except for maybe the broken curtain, none of these were big problems. But the combination was what causes me to rate the hotel as I did.

I will continue to try the various Marriott properties in the area. This one not for a while.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I'm going to be totally honest with you. This was a one-stop visit right off of the highway as we were travelling from Pennsylvania to Minnesota. We used the Marriott app and made a quick reservation at a nearby hotel to where we were (we tend to choose Marriotts) and Maumee happened to be the town we were at. Courtyard it is!

We checked in about 12 midnight (made the reservation about 11:30pm). The doors were open and we were greeted by a man at the desk. This was nice because we have stayed at hotels where the doors were locked at that hour and we had to jump up and down and wave to get someone's attention). It was kind of funny because he gave us the usual schpeel of pool, breakfast (not free) and literally, we just wanted to bathe, sleep and get up and go again. (But he did a good job!)

We stayed on the 3rd floor. We noticed the hotel looked new. The decor was nice. You know it has to be pretty special to actually notice something like that. The room was nicely decorated and very clean. We also noticed that it was rather spacious compared to most hotel rooms in which we stay (which was welcome).

We used the wifi - no problems.

We got up at 8:00am and were on our way again. We opted not to eat breakfast there at their limited Starbucks (I'm sure most would appreciate that on-site though but be aware it doesn't have everything normally offered).

One last thing that was a delight that caught my attention. As I opened the door to our room to step out into the hallway, there were two workers out there having a regular volume conversation about a door away from ours. I actually thought to myself how nice it was that we did not hear that in the room! I had no idea they were out there until I had opened our door. So if you are looking for quiet, this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2017

This is the first time to stay at this Courtyard in Toledo. The travel agent wasn't able to get rooms at the hotel we usually stay at. It just so happened this Courtyard was just a short walk to the restaurant we were suppose to meet other people at.

The hotel is very clean, people are friendly and Yvonne did a great job checking us in and also when getting us a couple of before dinner drinks.

There is an Outback and Longhorn along with The Blue Water Grill.

Great place and location

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2017 via mobile

Average Marriott Courtyard. Good location off the highway with an Outback almost connected to the driveway. Friendly front desk staff. Bar open until 11:00. Food until 10:00. Clean rooms. But paper thin walls. I can still the guy next door giggling at his TV show. He's being quiet which is what is even weirder that I can hear him - like I am eaves dropping. Heard every bit of his bathroom duties. Burying my head under a pillow.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

Doing a road trip with the family (2 kids 2 adults) this was our stop for the night. We arrived late the front desk agents were friendly and helpful. We had an amazing breakfast with staff full of friendly smiles and nice small talk. Housekeeping in the halls all made eye contact and wished a good morning. I would say we are off to a successful vacation.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family