All reviews room was clean no frills rooms are small off the highway antique mall the ohio turnpike long trip fit the bill a king size bed bob evans staff was friendly front desk clerk great rate one night stay night's sleep flat screen tv fridge and microwave
Reviewed April 9, 2018

I had stayed at this motel several years ago and found it way too sparse with no amenities, although the location is fantastic (right off highway, walking distance to plenty of food and shopping, easy parking). When Priceline blind rates selected it again for me this week I was skeptical, but I found that some VERY nice improvements have been made since I was last here. My room was extremely clean, remodeled, and had a fridge and microwave (apparently all the rooms do now)--even booking the cheapest rate, I was so happy with the accommodations. There are now free cookies at the front desk. The staff was friendly and efficient. Decent wifi, two different HBO channels, and most impressive of all to me, the water pressure in the shower was amazing! I'm definitely coming back here often, now that I have seen these improvements. Thank you for a very good night's sleep at a terrific price! (And while I don't have a pet traveling with me, I think it's super nice that they allow pets to stay for free.)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Lorie S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2018

Flyermontana,

Wow! Thank you for the great review and for giving us another chance. We have gone through many changes since your last visit. Remodeled rooms, New Manager, Retraining of our housekeeping staff and much more. It makes me so proud to hear our guests are enjoying the changes.

I will be sure to share this with our staff and we look forward to seeing you the next time your in the area. Perhaps, maybe even with a pet?

Reviewed March 23, 2018

Angela, is extremely helpful and very nice. People like this make travel a pleasure.
Room was clean and up-to-date. Reasonably priced. Comfortable bed, pillows and blankets. Surprisingly quite. I'll stay here again next time I pass through.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Lorie S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Cary,

Thank you for your great review! We are fortunate to have great employees such as Angela. Our housekeeping staff will be pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for mentioning our recent updates and the fact that your room was quiet. While we cater to many different travelers we are always conscious to ensure everyone has a great stay.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you are passing through. I would love the opportunity for my staff to wow you again.

Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Easy-off and easy on to I-80. Very friendly staff. Plenty of large vehicle parking and very well lite. Clean room and very quite. Appears to be maintained well. Restaurants near, walking distance. Price is right for this motel. I will return when I come through this area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lorie S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2018

Rocky,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that once again my staff has wowed a guest. I love it when our guest experience our friendly desk staff and the clean rooms provided my our wonderful housekeepers.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you in the area!

Reviewed March 12, 2018

It's a working man's Motel. Older. No indoor hall type structure. Room doors open directly outside in quite a shock in very cold weather like last Thursday. No soap or bath towels. Lot's of truckers stay there and start firing up at 5:45 AM. Old style heater that cuts off and on makes solid sleep hard. With all that I have said, it's a bargain and if you if you a rolling on the cheap you gotta do what you gotta do.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank dixiedreg
Lorie S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Dixie,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your stay here. First, let me apologize for lack of soap or bath towels in your room. This is certainly an amenity we offer. I will be sure to discuss this with our housekeeping staff.

We do offer both inside and outside access to our rooms. I wish I had known your preference for an indoor access room in advance, I know how shocking that first burst of cold air can be when leaving a warm room. Please don't hesitate to request a 2nd floor room the next time you visit.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 8, 2018

I was here for a flat-rate contract job with no hotel reimbursement, so I needed a clean, quiet single room at a bargain price so that I could keep more of my hard-earned paycheck for the job. This Red Roof Inn certainly fit the bill, and the staff were very friendly and efficient. The room appeared to have been recently remodeled and was very clean. The WiFi worked well. And surprisingly, the room I was in was very quiet. I usually dislike being on the ground floor and close to the office, as this is usually the area with the most traffic and noise. I am not a light sleeper, but I didn't hear a peep all night, and actually got a very good night's sleep on both nights that I was there.

Besides having a very affordable price, this hotel is right next to the Ohio Turnpike and major arterial streets for the Toledo area and lots of shopping. There is a sports bar next door with typical pub grub. I went elsewhere for dinner, but I stopped in here for a nightcap. There is also an antique mall across the parking lot that was interesting to browse after I finished working on Saturday.

The only downside was that I witnessed a couple arguing obscenely in the parking lot while I was adding air to my tires with my portable compressor. They seemed to have left the property right after that, so there is nothing the hotel staff could have done other than ask the couple to to leave, which they were already in the process of doing. They may not even have been hotel guests, and might have been sports bar patrons who parked at the hotel because the bar lot was full. I was perfectly safe and it didn't bother me much, so I didn't report the incident to the hotel staff. But if you are traveling with kids, you might think about asking for a room that is on the opposite side of the hotel lot from the neighboring bar.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lorie S, Manager at Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2018

Joseph,

Thank you for your wonderful,detailed review and high rating. I'm pleased to hear our staff welcomed you with their friendly and efficient customer service. I will be sure to share your comments with them and with our housekeepers.

I apologize for the issues you experienced with the couple in the parking lot. Please rest assured that kind of behavior is not tolerated and any guest(s) behaving in such manner are removed from our property immediately.

Again, thank you for the feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time your in the area.