All reviews outdoor pool big boy room was clean complimentary breakfast cookies lobby area very nice hotel hot tub exercise room would stay here again breakfast staff grocery store business trip oatmeal staff was very friendly and helpful fresh fruit night's sleep
Reviewed June 11, 2018

Very clean, updated. The staff is exceptionally nice. Comfortable beds and very nice shower. I would recommend this hotel. We stayed here a year ago and had a similar nice experience, so I think the quality is consistently good.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2018

Thank you so much for your return visit and for the outstanding compliments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stayed and liked the new updates to our property. The confidence you have shown in us is much appreciated.

Have a terrific summer!

Reviewed June 10, 2018

Do not search the area for a nicer hotel. There are none in the area that come close to the cleanliness and quality of the rooms here. The rate is higher but If you have triple A you get a break on the room Rate so look no further!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thank you so much for you fantastic review and placing us on the top of the list for this area. I do wonder if there were any issues you encountered as you ranked us on Trip Advisor as the lowest?

All the best!

Reviewed May 30, 2018

These rooms were very nice, clean and newly renovated. Our children and grandchildren really liked the large pool! All of the staff members that I dealt with on the phone and in person were very pleasant and helpful! The lobby is huge with lots of seating for gathering. The breakfast that they served was delicious! Walking trails nearby were very nice. Grocery store right across the street and many places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2018

This hotel is nice if you are stopping overnight off of the highway. If you stay longer the rooms are small for a Hampton Inn and the closet is non existent.

That said, there is one fatal flaw that will turn me off of any hotel - sliding bathroom door. If you are going to do that, put a fan in, because the sliding door does not offer any privacy. A big bummer and a waste of an otherwise nice renovation.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that all was not what you had expected with our room design. The new Hampton Inn room requirements for our first generation property certainly are not perfect for everyone. With new larger furniture and new barn door concept it does make the room smaller. I appreciate your time and your candid overview of your stay.

All the best!

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

I don't understand the other positive reviews. The standard king room is like a closet. Small, almost windowless, because the hotel has a weird contraption behind drapes, which is supposed to be a closet. The bathroom, smack right next to the bed has a sliding door that gives one no privacy. Bed is lumpy and hard, pillows are too soft.
I have been a Hilton Diamond member for years and usually stay in Hilton properties if possible, but never stayed in a Hamptonthis terrible. In fact, I think Hilton should reconsider including this one as one of their hotels. Only thing good about the hotel is its location, right off the turnpike. But there are plenty hotels here and a Home2suites for a few bucks more.

They refused us water (Diamond members always get that as Diamond benefit) and when we asked for extra pillows (there were none in the the closet contraption), a surly desk clerk handed us two pillows. This is Motel H not Hampton inn.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sara95
Kenneth B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2018

I was sorry to read of your very poor experience. If you would be so kind to email me direct your name and stay dates it would be very much appreciated.

Kenneth.Brandt@Hilton.com

Have a safe Memorial Day Weekend!