“Best steak in Medina”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2016

I have eaten here many times with my family as well as for work dinners and they never disappoint. I have to admit that I like my steak medium well and they are always able to cook it perfectly. I never have to send it back and it is still tender and not charred. I also recently tried the walleye special for our anniversary and it was equally amazing. Their menu is primarily steak but they do have a few seafood options. The lobster tail is a bit hit or miss but I have never had a perfectly cooked lobster in Ohio. The service is always very good and what you would expect at a more upscale restaurant. I am not a fan of the family style salad which is like bagged lettuce with two tomatoes, two pieces of cucumber, one hard boiled egg cut in half and some croutons. But the side dishes are good. My husband is a fan of their brussel. sprouts and I often enjoy their huge baked sweet potatoes. I am not a big drinker but during group outings the bar tender has been able to keep everyone happy. This is a nice restaurant to for business associates, out of town family or special occasion dining. It's not cheap but the prices are not outrageous for the quality of food especially since sides are included.

1  Thank MedinaMom24

Reviewed September 2, 2016

Good service. Was surprise at the high prices. I remember the Brown Derby as being mid-range including a salad bar. Must admit that was several years ago. Salad bowl was brought to share at table. Served with small paper cups of dressing. The couple that had steaks said they were good. My pork chops were a little dry. Ahi tuna was enjoy by the other guest. You got to choose one side.

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Not sure how long Perry has been gone but we have been coming to this restaurant since it opened, and in that many years this is our absolute worst experience to the point we may never return. My steak was ordered medium well and was well done, two other tables around us complained as well. Our food took over an hour, we were there at 4 o'clock on a Monday not very busy at all. The manager came over and could care less and didn't even come back to check on us I'm glad there's a lot of competition in the area.

1  Thank Ken D
Reviewed August 24, 2016

My husband & I choose this restaurant when we want a predictably good meal. There's nothing especially creative on the menu, but they do offer seasonal specials. My husband says the steaks are of good quality, & I enjoy the chicken/fish selections, as I don't eat red meat. I also like having the salad as a self-serve bowl with your choice of dressing. The service is always professional, courteous, and quick. Also, their cocktails (we like martinis & Manhattans) are always good and generous in size.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Love the food at Brown Derby. Nice atmosphere although sometimes a little loud when they're busy. Great salad, house dressing and rolls. Love the grilled shrimp dinner too. Good for a special night out since it's a little pricey.

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to Brown Derby? Share your experiences!