New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Miamisburg
Saint Clair, Pennsylvania
“Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

I have stayed at this Hotel last year and this year and did not find a problem -bed was comfy -room was cleaned and had no odors Breakfast was more than enough-a wide selection -I will stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: The room was clean
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank vernad
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! We appreciate the positive comments! We look forward to you and your family staying with us in the future!
Aletha Dillinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Indianapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

Stayed during the Mead Cup soccer tournament with my family. I think they try to make it clean, but our supposed non-smoking room smelled so bad we could barely sleep. We had to rewash all of our clothes that never even came out of the bag once we got home. We had two rooms, so it wasn't just that we got a bad room, both of them smelled horrible. On the positive, the front desk person, Cesare, was very nice and helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank indyxfit
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, 15 September 2011
Dear Indyxfit,
Thank you for your review. I do apologize that your rooms smelled like smoke. We do impose a strict no smoking policy however some guests do chose to ignore this and smoke in the room.
I do hope your team did well in the Mead Cup Soccer Tournament.
Melbourne, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

Booked the room for one night through expedia.com and the hotel was filthy and disgusting enough that my wife would not stay there. The exterior was in need of repair as well as the exterior doors. There was mold around the tub. It felt dirty in the room and old. The hotel desk refused to credit my room and referred me back to expedia.com who did contact the hotel to verify my complaint. The hotel said there was nothing wrong with their hotel and refused to acknowledge my refund request (which was made to expedia.com just after 4PM of the same day I checked in). I will never again book through expedia.com if my complaint and refund is not given to me. I will also never stay at a Wyndham Hotel as well.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. We take all reviews seriously and we went to the room you were in and will address the issues mentioned.
I would like to address the refund with you. We did refund to the credit card expedia provided to us. If they did not refund you, please call the hotel and we will again advise them we did process the refund.
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

The GOOD: The room appeared clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is good.

The NOT SO GOOD: Mattress was VERY hard and sagged in the middle. I can usually sleep on anything but this was uncomfortable. Pool needs resurfacing and pool water didn't appear to be sparkley clean; hot tub still not working a year later. Outside of building needs repair--needs painting and rotting wood replaced. Lots of dirt at doorway and inside and outside sliding door made me feel the place wasn't clean. No plastic glasses in room and no dishwashing soap (even though there was a full kitchen). I wondered if the glasses were washed between guests or just wiped out. Breakfast was mediocre and attendant informed me that no food could leave the eating area (again, even though my room had a full kitchen???).

The room did appear to be clean, and so It is a value for the money. But I don't think I'll stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear Travelingonabudget,
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to tell you that we have new mattresses being delivered at the end of this month. We are also currently working on the exterior of the hotel. This is an ongoing project and we appreciate your honest feedback.
As for the dishwashing detergent, we have our housekeeping staff wash all used items they do have dishwasher detergent to do this with. As a guest, we feel you should not have to do this yourself.
We will also speak with the breakfast staff about the issue of not taking food to your room. I apologize for the inconvenience of this.
CLINTON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

My family (2 parents and 3 small children) were placed in this hotel by my husbands employer for about a month last year (Aug 2010) Overall we had a pleasant stay and would defiantly stay again. The front desk were always very welcoming. The rooms weren't massive, but they were big enough for our family to have plenty of personal space. Loved the little kitchen and table/desk. Clean enough to let our kids play and roll all over the floor. Fairly quiet. It is close to I 75, but the noise didn't bother us. Although the basketball area needed netting around the court to stop the ball from rolling into the parking lot... we still loved the fact there was a basketball court and used it everyday. The grounds were well maintained and cleaned everyday. Felt safe.
We ran into a few issues though. The hot tub was out of commission our whole stay. We only had the maids come once a week, but everytime they came they wouldn't refill the coffee or sugar. Our air conditioner wouldn't put out cold air for 2 nights (mind you this was Aug). We called the front desk and we're told they couldn't do anything about it or let us switch rooms because they were booked. AND, the absolute worst part was the internet connection. While my husband was at work I would spend my time on the internet to tresearch the Dayton areas and trying to find somewhere to live. I had to call the front desk several times a day to reset their router. We did run into bumps at the hotel... But then again, we were there for a month. If your anywhere for a month... you will find flaws. But, like I said, I would still stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010
      Location
      Rooms
Kent, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Every business is looking to reduce costs. Hawthorn Suites in Miamisburg offers the amenities of the higher priced competitor's at a reasonable rate. My co-workers couldn't believe the type of room that I had at the rate I paid. Their room cost more than 2x's the amount.

Room Tip: Call in advance to get your best choice.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mrmanohio
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, 12 July 2011
Dear Mrmanohio,
Thank you for taking the time to review Hawthorn Suites Dayton Mall South Miamisburg. I am glad your suite was all you were expecting an more.

We look forward to your next visit,
Kettering, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

From the time we arrived the staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby was very clean and inviting. Easy checkin was wonderful since I have 2 younger children. We had one of the suites and it was clean and spacious. It had 2 queen beds and a pullout couch, 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen which I loved with the kids. There was a bed and a bathroom in the upstairs part and then a bed and bath downstairs. We live locally and needed somewhere to stay while our home was be worked on and I was able to cook full meals for my family. The kitchen was equipped with standard size applicances and a few items to cook with. It was enough to get by with. They offer free wi-fi, a pool which it was to cold to use when we were there. I also like the seperate entrance per room. It was like having an apartment. We have a small dog and it made it easy to take her out without going down a hallway and the lobby. House keeping even did the dishes that I left in the morning. They would put them in the dishwasher and run it or if it was clean they would put them away. The walls were not very thin so you couldnt hear your neighbors. The cost of this hotel was an awesome price. You could pay as much for a 2 double bed room but at Hawthorn Suites you get much much much more. They also offer a free breakfast which was wonderful. Not just juice, toast, and cereal it was a real breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank maaawdawg
AlethaDillinger, Director of Sales at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Dear Maaawdawg,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hawthorn Suites Dayton Mall South. I know you are glad to be back in you home. While here, we are glad that enjoyed the full kitchen, oversized suite and our hot breakfast buffet. We hope you can come back for a weekend out and enjoy the pool as well.
Aletha Dillinger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miamisburg
0.5 km away
0.1 km away
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
Courtyard Dayton South/Mall
#3 of 13 in Miamisburg

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Miamisburg/Dayton Mall South? Share your experiences!