“Great Thai food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hepburn Rd
Description: THAI ORIGIN RESTAURANT & SUSHI BAR
Reviewed 27 June 2016

The Thai food is really great. Lots of choices for vegetarians. It's nice and clean. Service is good and fast. It's a good bargain.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

We are from California, out in Ohio for a Celtic Festival. We tried two Thai Resturants in the Middleburg Heights area and both were good. Very flavorful, good service and priced ok.

1  Thank fwbooks
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

Until recently this was a nice place for lunch but something is radically changed.
Four of us stopped in for lunch.
The service was unforgivably slow. Although they were not at all busy the server managed to delay about a half hour before donning to stop long enough to bring us some water. After awhile she brought the menus then hovered over us waiting for us to decide what to select from their big menu. Finally we placed our order then waited, & waited, & waited, .....
It was over an hour later that she had finally delivered (piecemeal a single plate per trip) her version of our order. We had to ask repeatedly for entirely missing meals and accompaniments.

But the worst part was the food itself. The sushi hack managed to roll the smallest & tightest maki I have ever seen after fifty plus years of enjoying it around the world, including in Japan.

The remainder of our dishes were no better. On prior visits the tamarind duck here was amazingly good. Now its barely edible. I could go on and on but my point is made

They have been scratched from my list.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Don't go here if you are on your lunch break for work! Horrible service! Went to lunch with my mom/co-worker today, 7/16 for lunch. There were only 2 tables taken when we first got there. The server waited until more tables were full until he started taking orders. He then brought everyone's soup out at the same time. We had ordered the sushi boat for 2 for $49. After nearly 45 minutes, the table across from us got up and left after hearing we had been waiting longer than them for our food. We followed them out the door 2 minutes later. It should not take 45 minutes to get sushi!

We did notice there seemed to be only 2 people working. The server was also the one preparing the sushi. However, several months ago, it took just as long as a take out order. Was told it would be 20 minutes and after arriving 5 minutes late, I still had to wait an additional 20 minutes to receive my to go order. I will never go back to this restaurant and will never recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Stopped in for a quick business lunch and had a surprisingly good meal. Service is not rushed, portions are adequately sized and my Penang Curry spiced authentically. The Thai iced tea was one of the best, very creamy and not too overly sweet. It is hidden in a strip mall but well worth seeking out.