“Another Excellent Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Milford
Virginia
“Another Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This is our third or fourth stay at this hotel, and it won't be our last... We come every year to visit relatives, and this hotel is close to everyone, and convenient to I-275... It's also very close to shopping (Walmart & Target), a gas station, movie theatre, and a plethora of restaurants, including Cracker Barrel, Texas Roadhouse, Red Robin, Gold Star Chili, Wendy's, Ruby Tuesday, Buffalo Wild Wings, and a Quaker Steak & Lube... The "Lube" is behind the hotel and an easy walk for a quick bite to eat or drink... An exit or two down I-275 South, there is a Butterbee's we also enjoy... Our suite was ready and clean when we arrived at 3PM... The staff have always been friendly and helpful... We always like the fully equipped kitchen and full sized refridgerator... Our sons slept fine on the sleeper sofa, and while the king mattress was a bit too soft for our liking, we slept fine... We all used both the indoor pool and the outside basketball court... Both are in good condition and were a lot of fun, and we had no issues with dirt or a lack of towels, as I saw mentioned in a previous review... The four days we were there, we ate at the hotel's complimentary breakfast... The food is what you would expect in a complimentary breakfast, and my entire family was content... I had bacon, eggs, orange juice and coffee, and they never ran out of food or drink... There was cereal, fruit, waffles, yogurt, bagels, and hash browns... Regular and decaf. coffee, hot chocoloate, orange juice, milk, and water... The server was friendly and kept everything stocked... We did not use the fitness center, and while it is small, it looked to have nice equipment... The complimentary wireless internet worked flawlessly... We had no issues with noise - Either from other guests or traffic on the Milford Expressway or I-275...
We did have a couple of minor issues with our room... First, the refridgerator would "run loud" every now and then... Not so loud or so often as to make us want to move to another room, but a bit aggravating... The second issue is that the bed comforter is stained, and it should be replaced... We took it off the bed, and left it off the bed... The final issue is that in this day and age, I rarely stay in hotel that doesn't have newer, HD flat screen tv's... This hotel does not, and while the tv's in there worked fine, they should be upgraded... I would expect to find standard definition tv's in a Super 8, not a Hilton family hotel...
On leaving, we mentioned the refridgerator only to let them know that the compressor was likely about to fail, and they took off a night on our bill and apologized for our inconvenience... Another excellent experience at this hotel... Thanks, Homewood!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Alissa G, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford, responded to this review, 8 December 2014
Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 15 August 2010

The good: comfortable bed.

Not so good: small, cramped rooms; carpets (esp. in lobby and hallways) not clean; our two requests (not on the 1st floor and not next to an elevator) not honored; rooms not ready at check-in time; very average breakfast. There are far better places, probably for less money.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
I'm very sorry about this experience. Should you return, please reach out to me directly and I'll be sure you're well taken care of. Thank you for the review!
Indiana
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Overall I would rate this hotel highly. When checking in there was no mention of booking the room on Hotwire. I asked for a two queen room as I requested a room for four adults. I was told that there were only six rooms with two queens so I would not be able to get two queens. I know there is no guarantee on bed type for Hotwire, but was disappointed I could not get two queens. Instead got a queen studio "suite." That's a queen bed and a sofa bed. The room seemed light and bright. Suite in this case was not a separate room for the queen bed. It was all one room, but quite large. The kitchen had everything one would need--sink, fridge, microwave, dishes and dishwasher. Also had a small two-seater table for eating a meal. The sink for the bathroom was outside of the shower/toilet area. The shower was very large and nice. Towels were thick and a good quality. The comforter on the bed had stains should have been replaced. The pool area was nice, but there was not hot tub. Water seemed cold. The breakfast was decent with eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, juice, yogurt, etc. The server in the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful. I got this room for a good price on Hotwire and would stay there again. Hotel was near Walmart and dining.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank IndyOne
Manchester, VT
Reviewed 17 February 2010

First, the good! Very helpful staff in snowstorm with arranging for early checkout and crediting unused HHHonors points. From here it goes downhill.

We've had better housekeeping using a roadside rest stop. Tooth paste stuck on sink, counters not wiped, glasses not taken and don't raise the toilet seat unless you're a medical student looking for a specimen. Better be up and out by 9:00am even on a Sunday or you'll get a bag of fresh towels on the door knob and no room cleaning. What a disgrace.

This franchisee gives Homewood a bad name and should have its hand slapped. We'll stay elsewhere next time, thanks.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NoYahoo
I sincerely apologize for your experience. Should you return, please reach out to me directly. Thank you for letting us know!
Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2010

We arrived the day after Christmas, in town, visiting relatives that live in the area... First, the hotel's location was ideal for us due to it's proximity to our family in the area... It's also right off of I-275, which made it very convenient to get anywhere we wanted to go... The hotel itself is kind of off it's own area, and not surrounded by a lot, which made it very quiet at night.... There is a little man made lake out front... The reception area was clean with comfortable chairs and couches around a wrap-around fireplace... On the other side, was the dining area, where they serve breakfast every morning... We stayed on the second floor, in a non-smoking suite with king bed... The room was very clean, and having a full kitchen was very nice... These are also real suites - Not faux suites, where there is not a complete separate bedroom... There is a separate bedroom with a door, which is nice, because we could put our two boys to bed on the pull out sofa, retreat to the bedroom, and stay up as long as we wanted without disturbing the kids... The bed was comfortable, and the shower always had hot water with good water pressure... The nozzle is adjustable so you can get whatever spray suits you best... The breakfast in the morning was OK, and I guess it depends on what you get... The oatmeal was OK, but the scrambled eggs were always on the dry side... The bacon was good, as were the waffles you could make yourself... They also had bagels and cereal in the little individual boxes... The coffee was good, and they offered both regular and decaff, plus a hot water pot to make hot chocolate... They also offered orange juice, 2% milk, and skim milk, along with ice water... If it's not for you, there is a Cracker Barrel right down the street... In fact, there is a lot of shopping and restaurants in close proximity to the hotel, including a WalMart and Target... The only gas station I can recall is a Mobil/Exxon... There is also a movie theatre... The hotel has a small exercise room with one treadmill, one step machine, and one exercise bike... They also have free weights... The indoor pool is small, but nice, although I found the water to be a bit too cold for me... The entire staff is courteous and was eager to help us with anything we needed... Right next to the check-in counter, they have a little store where you can buy all those little things you find you need or crave... The prices are very high, but it being winter, it beats scraping my windows and running down to WalMart... It's just a nice option to have there... I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was traveling in this area...

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Cincinnati
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. We had a house fire and needed a place to stay close to our house for five nights until our townhouse was ready. The staff was very helpful and prompt. We had a couple of issues during our stay that were of no fault of the staff and the issues were addressed promptly and professionally. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I did not like the blanket on the bed as it was also the comforter, but I requested a normal blanket to fix that problem. It is in a convienent location.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Milford, MI
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Stayed here just one night, had a king bed and a pullout. The suite was a true "suite," with a wall between the bedroom and the living area. The king bed was very comfy. I loved that the room had a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove, and dishwasher, small sink. It was also very quiet. The pool was small, but big enough for my kids to enjoy. It did seem dirty on the bottom, even my husband commented. The rest of the hotel seemed clean. Breakfast was pretty good -- eggs, potatoes, canadian bacon, waffles, etc, BUT the hot food kept running out and there was a long wait for more. There has to be a better way to keep the food stocked, I mean, it's not like they don't know how many guests are staying on a particular night. They even ran out of coffee. That was a real bummer. Overall I liked it but I was disappointed about breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
2.9 km away
10.4 km away
Best Western Clermont
Best Western Clermont
#17 of 50 in Cincinnati

Been to Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford? Share your experiences!