“Good stay, would definitely stay again”

Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Milford
Indiana
“Good stay, would definitely stay again”
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Overall I would rate this hotel highly. When checking in there was no mention of booking the room on Hotwire. I asked for a two queen room as I requested a room for four adults. I was told that there were only six rooms with two queens so I would not be able to get two queens. I know there is no guarantee on bed type for Hotwire, but was disappointed I could not get two queens. Instead got a queen studio "suite." That's a queen bed and a sofa bed. The room seemed light and bright. Suite in this case was not a separate room for the queen bed. It was all one room, but quite large. The kitchen had everything one would need--sink, fridge, microwave, dishes and dishwasher. Also had a small two-seater table for eating a meal. The sink for the bathroom was outside of the shower/toilet area. The shower was very large and nice. Towels were thick and a good quality. The comforter on the bed had stains should have been replaced. The pool area was nice, but there was not hot tub. Water seemed cold. The breakfast was decent with eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, juice, yogurt, etc. The server in the breakfast area was very friendly and helpful. I got this room for a good price on Hotwire and would stay there again. Hotel was near Walmart and dining.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank IndyOne
Alissa G, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford, responded to this review, 8 December 2014
Thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Manchester, VT
Reviewed 17 February 2010

First, the good! Very helpful staff in snowstorm with arranging for early checkout and crediting unused HHHonors points. From here it goes downhill.

We've had better housekeeping using a roadside rest stop. Tooth paste stuck on sink, counters not wiped, glasses not taken and don't raise the toilet seat unless you're a medical student looking for a specimen. Better be up and out by 9:00am even on a Sunday or you'll get a bag of fresh towels on the door knob and no room cleaning. What a disgrace.

This franchisee gives Homewood a bad name and should have its hand slapped. We'll stay elsewhere next time, thanks.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NoYahoo
I sincerely apologize for your experience. Should you return, please reach out to me directly. Thank you for letting us know!
Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2010

We arrived the day after Christmas, in town, visiting relatives that live in the area... First, the hotel's location was ideal for us due to it's proximity to our family in the area... It's also right off of I-275, which made it very convenient to get anywhere we wanted to go... The hotel itself is kind of off it's own area, and not surrounded by a lot, which made it very quiet at night.... There is a little man made lake out front... The reception area was clean with comfortable chairs and couches around a wrap-around fireplace... On the other side, was the dining area, where they serve breakfast every morning... We stayed on the second floor, in a non-smoking suite with king bed... The room was very clean, and having a full kitchen was very nice... These are also real suites - Not faux suites, where there is not a complete separate bedroom... There is a separate bedroom with a door, which is nice, because we could put our two boys to bed on the pull out sofa, retreat to the bedroom, and stay up as long as we wanted without disturbing the kids... The bed was comfortable, and the shower always had hot water with good water pressure... The nozzle is adjustable so you can get whatever spray suits you best... The breakfast in the morning was OK, and I guess it depends on what you get... The oatmeal was OK, but the scrambled eggs were always on the dry side... The bacon was good, as were the waffles you could make yourself... They also had bagels and cereal in the little individual boxes... The coffee was good, and they offered both regular and decaff, plus a hot water pot to make hot chocolate... They also offered orange juice, 2% milk, and skim milk, along with ice water... If it's not for you, there is a Cracker Barrel right down the street... In fact, there is a lot of shopping and restaurants in close proximity to the hotel, including a WalMart and Target... The only gas station I can recall is a Mobil/Exxon... There is also a movie theatre... The hotel has a small exercise room with one treadmill, one step machine, and one exercise bike... They also have free weights... The indoor pool is small, but nice, although I found the water to be a bit too cold for me... The entire staff is courteous and was eager to help us with anything we needed... Right next to the check-in counter, they have a little store where you can buy all those little things you find you need or crave... The prices are very high, but it being winter, it beats scraping my windows and running down to WalMart... It's just a nice option to have there... I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was traveling in this area...

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Cincinnati
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. We had a house fire and needed a place to stay close to our house for five nights until our townhouse was ready. The staff was very helpful and prompt. We had a couple of issues during our stay that were of no fault of the staff and the issues were addressed promptly and professionally. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I did not like the blanket on the bed as it was also the comforter, but I requested a normal blanket to fix that problem. It is in a convienent location.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Milford, MI
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Stayed here just one night, had a king bed and a pullout. The suite was a true "suite," with a wall between the bedroom and the living area. The king bed was very comfy. I loved that the room had a full size refrigerator, microwave, stove, and dishwasher, small sink. It was also very quiet. The pool was small, but big enough for my kids to enjoy. It did seem dirty on the bottom, even my husband commented. The rest of the hotel seemed clean. Breakfast was pretty good -- eggs, potatoes, canadian bacon, waffles, etc, BUT the hot food kept running out and there was a long wait for more. There has to be a better way to keep the food stocked, I mean, it's not like they don't know how many guests are staying on a particular night. They even ran out of coffee. That was a real bummer. Overall I liked it but I was disappointed about breakfast.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!
Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2009

This is the second time we stayed at this hotel. The last time was 3 years ago. We've been extremely satisfied both times. Rooms were very clean and well furnished. Rates were great - recommend you check the hotel website for good deals. Service at the front desk was very good and all employees were extremely nice. A+ experience.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again!
Indianapolis
Reviewed 12 December 2008

The hotel is really nice and still feels new. We have stayed in this hotel three times over the past two years and plan on staying there again when we travel back to Cincinnati. However over Thanksgiving weekend we ran into a few problems with this last stay. I had booked our room over one month in advance. When we arrived at 6:00 pm, I was told our room wasn't yet available. That was fine since we were planning on eating after we dropped off our stuff anyway. Room was finally ready when we got back from dinner at 7:00 pm. We went swimming that evening and there were no towels in the pool area. My wife went to get some from the front desk and they only had two towels left so we (there were 6 of us) had to share our towels when we got out of the pool. The next morning my two daughters, father in law, and myself went swimming again. Still no towels in pool area. Wife couldn't find anyone at the front desk, finally found someone and they still had no towels to use so we had to go back to the room without drying off. You could tell that no one had been in the pool area from the night before because the dirty towel basket was still full and other dirty towels were still laying in the same spot as the night before. It seemed as if there were only two people working in the entire hotel (front desk person and cleaning lady who also was in charge of breakfast). I am sure they probably cut back staff since it didn't seem like it was a busy night with the parking lot pretty much empty but they should still keep enough staff to get the daily responsibilities done on time. Also, we were caught off guard because the information book in the room says check out time is noon but at the front desk it says 11:00 am. We were able to leave on time but only because we saw the front desk sign late that morning. I would recommend this hotel to others but hope the service improves.

• Stayed November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
The service has definitely improved. Should you return, please reach out to me directly. Thank you for the review!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milford
2.9 km away
9.0 km away
Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn
6.6 km away
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate

Been to Homewood Suites Cincinnati-Milford? Share your experiences!