“Still slow!”

Rafter’s Restaurant
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Very nice facility with friendly staff but food service is always very slow - even when not busy. Food is usually decent though they were out of sausage gravy for breakfast. Just can't handle a one hour start to finish breakfast but they have you captive.

There are newer reviews for Rafter’s Restaurant

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

It's like they know if you're staying at the resort you don't have much of a food choice...

Food itself was good. But each of the 4 meals eaten there (2 breakfast and 2 dinners over 3 days) took us 1.5-2 hours literally! SO SLOW!!! And the restaurant was not at all busy. We heard others complaining as well. Service was friendly but some attention to detail was lacking - no popsicles for the kids one night and powdered sugar was missing from French toast.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We decided to eat at the Lodge. It had been a year since eating at Rafters. Hoping it was better than what we remembered! Sadly No! We waited at the front entrance to be seated for over 10 minutes. Realize only 4-5 tables were occupied. We asked a couple workers if we could be seated. They said they couldn't because they weren't aloud. They were working a private party. So we finally got seated and a drinks delivered. Now a hour later we still don't have our food. She said it was taking awhile for the chicken. Ok we get our food and my husbands piece of chicken is maybe 3-4 ounces and took 1 hour to Cook? This is for $16.99? Ok I got their Waterloo Salad. No bleu cheese please. After waiting 1 hour I get bleu cheese on my salad! The waitress said I can take it back. Really, after waiting a hour? I said dressing on the side? Oh we put it on the salad. No dressing was on the salad so they had to go back and get dressing. Thank goodness they didn't. They brought the dressing and I tasted it and it was horrible. It was suppose to be sweet and sour. I love any kind of sweet and sour. This was horrible. After picking off the bleu cheese and getting some ranch dressing I now can eat after a hour and a half. Now if you don't like blue cheese and it's all over your salad even after picking off the big pieces I could only eat half because of the taste. Then the bill came. I thought maybe an adjustment would be made? Ha! When ordering my husbands food there was a misunderstanding she said you get one more side so he ordered a salad. So when he got his food, no mashed potatoes, so he asked where are the potatoes? Oh I thought you wanted the salad instead. I'll have to charge for the salad and they did! Plus I think there were only 1 waitress working the floor. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because my husband said his food was ok.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We came to the restaurant in the evening to eat with children and I must say our waitress Cyndi was so sweet and accommodating. The food was typical for this type of restaurant, there were many other diners so the food was not served fast, but the Lakeview was gorgeous and it gave us time to talk about our day. Her level of service is difficult to find nowadays hence the excellent rating!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

The food is average and the service is terrible! Waited for a cup of black coffee for 20 minutes, the server claimed the crowd. I was only one of maybe 10 people in Rafters. The entire hour I was there. Same thing happened the next day.