All reviews truck stop stayed here fox news first floor make a u turn slept soundly fluffy towels halfway point cross country trip turkey sausage pool area was clean great night's sleep hot tub other hotels refrigerator and microwave two queen beds the entire hotel
Reviewed April 30, 2018

Clean, well-kept hotel--looked relatively new. Front desk provided us a long list of nearby restaurants for supper. Only complaint about room was the lack of space beside the sink for cosmetics etc. Breakfast was outstanding compaied with other hotels. The quality of food was excellent. The choices (our one morning) included sausage, Canadian bacon, cheese omelets, scrambled eggs, a large assortment of coffee cakes, muffins, bagels, and a number of other items.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed April 22, 2018

Clean hotel, inside and out. Room was big, beds were OK, pillows we not great. Tv kept turning itself on. Only one ice maker on the first floor. (it's 2018, get with the program) Well lit rooms and parking area. Plenty of places to plug in things for recharging. Nice selection for breakfast. We were staying there as a large group (50+ people) for an event this past weekend over in Dayton, OH.

Room Tip: Rooms were all the same in our group. Plenty large enough and all seems quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2018

I spent roughly 10 hours driving through bad weather from Washington DC to home. This hotel is the halfway point of a normal 12 hour drive, sadly on this trip it was not the half way point. But after a long drive I pulled in and hoped against hope that they had a room.The lady at the counter said yes she had a room and I was able to relax for the remainder of the evening.

The hotel, is clean, well run and maintained. The people are friendly and willing to answer questions about the area. I have never had a bad time at this hotel and will continue to use it when I am traveling East. Check in and out are always easy. Someone mentioned in a review bed bugs, but I have yet to have any problems with the cleanliness of the hotel or with any bed bugs

The only real downside I have ever found to the hotel is the entrance to the hotel is not very well marked and depending on the direction traveling you have to make a U-turn into it.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

Wow... Cleanest hotel ever. Very quiet and beds are extremely comfortable. Nice breakfast. Staff goes over and above to be kind and helpful. Very beautifully decorated for Christmas. Thanks for a perfect night stay.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2017

Avoid at all costs!!! I’ve spent 29 nights in Marriotts in the last five months and this place is not just the worst Marriott, It’s the worst hotel I’ve stayed at.
1. Breakfast is terrible, To be fair, they usually are, but this one seems to go out of its way to make it awful for customers.
2. The room wasn't clean when I arrived (see pic of used soap still in shower).
3. Got a horrible rash from bedbugs? Or some other nastiness because of the lack of sanitary environment (see pic…sorry in advance)
4. Management hop skipped and jumped around any excuse they could put forth. I’d expect better customer service from a corporation like Marriott.
This place should be shut down and the manager needs to go work in the used car industry.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Malinda B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Richmond, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2017

I am so sorry you feel the way you do about our hotel and your recent stay with us. We have just recently updated our breakfast and I believe that the breakfast options we provide are a huge cut above the average breakfast buffet usually offered. I am also apologetic that you feel that our hotel wasn't clean and that they way we handled your complaint wasn't to your approval. We take the cleanliness of our establishment very seriously. Upon receiving the complaint from you on the 3rd day of your stay in our mobile chat app, we responded several times with messages trying to reach you. We took your complaint of a bug being in your room very seriously. We did a thorough investigation and found no traces or evidence of any bugs whatsoever. We communicated this to you, and continued to try and reach out to you to come up with a resolution for your comfort and satisfaction. Because we still felt you might be uncomfortable continuing to stay in that specific room, we saved a King room with a spa for you to be able to move into upon your return to our hotel that night, which you chose not to take advantage of. I tried several times to reach out to you to find a solution to your dissatisfaction with us. I'm sorry you do not feel like I handled this situation appropriately. I do hope you continue to stay at Marriott hotels and give our brand another try.