“They moved downtown”

Add it.
Hazel and Rye Artisan Baking Company
Ranked #82 of 112 Restaurants in North Canton
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

This was favorite place to go in North Canton for bread, pastries, and breakfast. Unfortunately, they moved to downtown Canton, but if I get a craving for European inspired breads and desserts I'll travel there to get what I want.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Modest sandwich shop that makes paninis and other sandwiches and has a few dessert items. Seating can be a few seats outdoors, a few indoor tables and lounge seats. I ordered an iced coffee and was surprised to fine that they use frozen coffee ice cubes to prevent the drink from being diluted as the ice melts.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

My daughter was in town for the holidays and she asked to go to her favorite North Canton lunch spot.This used to be a really nice place to have a nice lunch with soup and sandwiches that were interesting a just a little bit different and cookie and dessert cases filled with amazing looking sweets. Now sandwiches are served with potato chips not soup or salad and cakes are decorated with hershey kisses. The cakes looked sloppy. There was a gingerbread cake in the case that looked like a cake baked in one of those molds you can get from Target then decorated with icing out of a tube. Even I can do that. I had a turkey and cranberry sandwich and that's basically what it was. I was expecting some sort of interesting spread to also be on it but nope, it was just deli turkey with cranberry sauce (just like the sauce I make!). I don't remember what my daughter had but she was sorely disappointed and only ate half. The store and bathroom floors were also dirty like they hadn't been cleaned in a week and the window looking into the kitchen was absolutely grimy. The only thing good about this place is the bread...and the bread is really good. It's sadly the only reason to stop in anymore. The new owners (who bought the place about a year ago) have ruined a gem of a place.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

I had an order for 3 dozen macaroons for Saturday, April 25, 2015. On Thursday morning I called to confirm the order I had placed a couple weeks earlier to ensure it would be ready for pick up Saturday morning. The lady who answered the phone told me they had no order under my name and was going to check with Emily, the Pastry Chef. The bakery calls me back. 20 minutes later to tell me they are not able to locate my order but will take it again to have it ready for Saturday. I provide my order for a second time indicating the flavors and colors (pink, white, and white with silver dust) I would like. I call again on Friday just to confirm once again and she repeats back my correct order and assures me the order will be ready for pick up Saturday morning.

On Saturday morning I arrive around 11:30 AM to pick up my order. The first 2 dozen macaroons are correct. However, the third dozen has a bright blue filling with yellow frosting on top. I tell her this is not correct so she pulls my paperwork. My paperwork shows the correct colors written down, tells me she's not sure what happened, but they don't have my third dozen in the correct color available. I am on my way to my own bridal shower at this point with bright blue and yellow pastries! She then proceeds to charge me FULL PRICE for the order with no offer to correct the order or provide a refund. I was very disappointed with my experience. I was planning to purchase future items for my rehearsal dinner and wedding from Hazel, but will not be returning.

2  Thank Kayla5445
Reviewed 13 March 2015

We always get great bread here but I've never remembered to do a review before. I remembered this time because it was the first time we've had the Oatmeal one and my wife was disappointed we couldn't get there again this week to buy another. I also had a pepperoni roll that visit and enjoyed it. We like their wheat options and I like the challah bread as well.