“Cheeseburger Day Stopover”
Review of The Rail

The Rail
Ranked #3 of 135 Restaurants in North Olmsted
Reviewed September 26, 2018

After a long day of traveling to a reunion with my brothers in northeastern Ohio, we opted to visit The Rail in North Olmsted - which adjoins the Great Northern Mall on the northeast corner (right under the movie sign).

It was pretty late when we arrived, and the place was still pretty busy, but we were seated in a nice booth, just opposite the bar, which was much quieter than the rest of the restaurant. Our server greeted us and we each chose from the extensive selection of craft draft beer. As we contemplated the pretty extensive burger menu, our server returned and was nice enough to point out that we'd timed our first visit to coincide with National Cheeseburger Day - which had almost all of the burgers on the menu that were regularly priced at $9 - $12, specially priced that day for $5. Winner!

We all went with some variation of the selection of burgers. All the burgers arrived pretty promptly, and all looked good. For my order, I elected to "trade up" to the homemade tater tots, which didn't disappoint - and were round, plump little balls of deep-fried potato deliciousness, which were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. My burger was pretty good and was served on a nice soft brioche bun. All around we agreed that the burgers and the nice selection of beers were plenty of reason to make a return trip to The Rail at some point in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

I was looking for a place for my family to enjoy a nice meal. I read some good reviews in this place. The food was good and a delight to eat. At first, our waitress was not a pleasure to be greeted by. She didn’t seem like she was enjoying her day or what?
By the end of our visit, she had turned around a bit. Please be kind to all who come to eat at your place.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Kelli was our bartender and unfortunately the server behind us gave out the specials or we wouldn’t have known any. The host was great, great layout of bar, cold beer, decent food but Kelli ruined it for us so bad that we left before finishing our drinks or food. She never told us specials, didn’t have any beer knowledge and never checked up on us after we tried our food.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

So, so many times I asked for medium rare and it arrives as medium or worse, well-done. They do it right here. The burger is tasty, but a little pricey, as well as the appetizers.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I had a rail burger with cheese, it had a tasty flavor and a good quality of beef. I also had the SMOKED GOUDA MAC 'N' CHEESE BITES, portions are a nice size. We sat outside as it was nice afternoon. Service was fine and the young lady was helpful. Worth a try and they had a variety of burgers.

Date of visit: August 2018