See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 13, 2017

well if you want a bad stay then stay here. room isn't clean while you stay and sheets are not changed. all kinds of things laying in the hallway over night. people sleeping in their car in the parking lot all night. the front is locked up good but you can go to the rear and open the door cause the lock is broken. people screaming in the hallway and room. when you say something about it the manager said they move out this morning. breakfast is junk. the manager has an attuide problem and he thinks he is always right.

Room Tip: don't stay here. you'll be sorry.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank O7377EFrichardj
Reviewed July 6, 2017

I have never in all my life and travels around the world stayed in a worse hotel. I don't mind a "needs updating" place but this was just plain filth. It was so disgusting. It wasn't just the room either, it was the hallways and "gathering" areas too. The continental breakfast consisted of cheerios. OJ and coffee. I check a couple times hoping for an actual continental breakfast. I recognize it was cheap but basic housekeeping is expected. I've stayed at several America's Best hotels in Michigan and had great luck, although I will be hesitant to stay there any more if they have the same owners.

Room Tip: Not only old furnishings and falling down curtains, it was grimy and filthy everywhere
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank karencN8869GD
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

I recently had the most unbelievable experience in the worst way at this hotel. I was visiting a friend that had just arrived from out of town and witnessed the hotel manager, Eric harassing a guest because he asked politely to change rooms due to air conditioning being broken. He acted like an insane person, spewing insults at this poor gentleman, pointing to a camera and saying that it does not record sound and he will call the police and claim harassment!!! This is truly unacceptable behavior for a hotel manager and I would advise not stepping foot thru the door for safety's sake!!! Needless to say my friend checked out and found a much cleaner, welcoming hotel nearby.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Livin-for-Vacations
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

We prepaid for the room via credit card rewards. We arrived and the clerk who spent a lot of time distracted by her boyfriend, had the reservation but because of some paperwork glitch would not release our rooms to us. After her trying to sort the paperwork out with the travel agent and me on the phone with my credit card people for over an hour, she finally managed to fix the glitch and released the rooms. This reservation was made days before our arrival which could have been fixed before we got there. That was my first clue things were gonna be bad. WalkIng down the halls, all you could smell was pot. Yuk! We get in our room and we were overcome with a horrid smell of urine or wet dog. We had reservations so we had to bolt, no time to complain. When we got back, the smell was so bad I did some investigating. I saw a bath mat in the tub that was severely discoloured. I went to take it out and the smell just about knocked me over and there was slime hanging from it. I attached pics. It was too late to do anything so we slept in our clothes. I sprayed perfume all over so I could at least breath. The halls were dirty and muddy. The kids room, the headboard was half on the wall and it was equally as grungy. Take my advise and go somewhere else. My opinion. I did read the reviews and ignored them because the location was the best for our needs. Big mistake!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank BellevilleLolly
Reviewed November 28, 2016

I Made a 5 Star Review back in 2014 when Sean Victor was General Manger. Since then in 2015 I had a horrible experience with the new General Manger ERIC. He likes to scream and threaten you. We used the Banquet room for a party and I was charged additional fees that were not agreed. He used my signature from the room charge and copied and pasted it to the additional charge. My credit card company refunded by card, but I will never do business at this place as long as he is still there. I was given a paid in full receipt 3 days before the event and I paid cash for the event but then used my credit card the day of the event for the room overnight, that is how he got my cc# and charged my card for the room and then another transaction for additional fees he claims were verbally agreed upon. When I called him and asked he just screamed and said that's how it's done. NICE TRY ERIC BUT YOUR FRAUD DOCUMENTS DIDN'T PASS THIS TIME. I WILL ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE NOT TO DO BUSINESS WITH ERIC WAITROVICH.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends