“Excellent Mamoul and Bklava”
Review of So Sweet Pastries

So Sweet Pastries
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Perrysburg
Reviewed June 27, 2016

the satellite site for the downtown Toledo place, carries the main shop excellent Lebanese/middle-eastern deserts. They are really done very well with authentic recipes. Knowledgeable and courteous staff is always there...excel over all.

Reviewed November 5, 2015

Delicious French and Lebanese desserts! Baklava, tarts, macarons!! Pick what you want and take it to go! They also do wedding/shower etc cakes!!

Reviewed September 12, 2015 via mobile

Admittedly, my friend and I stopped by in the evening, so the baked goods weren't fresh, but I'm not sure they're worth your time and money no matter the time of day. The macarons were so-so; they kind of tasted like they had been prepackaged, not homemade, and the flavors weren't distinct. The cake slice I had was a little dry and crumbly, and the icing just tasted sweet. There wasn't a lot of depth to the flavor. The best item was the baklava. If you're looking for a dessert for your dinner party or something more formal, I'd say go elsewhere.

Reviewed May 18, 2015 via mobile

I had high hopes for this bakery, because of its adorable-ness. I went in to see what they had, & noticed that they had a lot of baklava. About half the inventory seemed to be baklava. It looked like they had different types & also some bird nests. They also had what I assumed were chocolate croissants & ordered them that way. The young lady didn't say they were anything different. They had some fresh fruit tarts, as well & macarons.
So after ordering a little of everything, I wasn't that impressed. First of all, the chocolate croissants weren't croissants at all. They were bread dough, in a croissant shape, so there wasn't any flaky pastry, as I expected. Also, the chocolate inside wasn't a ganache, it must've been whole pieces of chocolate bars, because they were in squares inside the dough. Not even melted all the way. For a bakery that advertises "French" & Lebanese pastries...there was nothing French about that "croissant."
I also ordered macarons. They were nice, but ordinary flavors, (vanilla, strawberry, cookies & cream) not the imaginative flavors we've come to expect from macarons. One of the downsides, was that they had left broken ones in the case & when you order, you keep hoping you won't get those. The fruit in the fruit tarts was a little tired looking & some of the fruit was in pretty chunky pieces, so not as appealing in the decorative sense. I ordered some of the traditional Lebanese items & they were all good, just not extraordinary.
Everything is packaged in plastic clamshell containers. If you want a nice box to take to dinner or gift to a friend, it costs extra. In a bakery, that should be factored into the price instead of charging extra. Although, their prices already seemed high to me.
In summary, I guess I'd go back for the Lebanese items, but for the French pastries, I'd try somewhere else.

1  Thank DebraCatery
Reviewed April 30, 2015

This Lebanese/French Bakery in Perrysburg across from Levis Commons is a nice place for various confections. The Lebanese items available were particularly tasty with several types of Baklava. The service was great as the gentleman who waited on us was extremely pleasant and very knowledgeable. The prices were also excellent making this place a good bargain. If you need a treat after some Levis Commons shopping, this is a great choice.