I was a bit hesitant to stay after reading some of the reviews, but having traveled a lot using tripadvisor I know that sometimes it pays to overlook some of the more nitpicky reviews, so I decided to stay and keep an open mind. I'm so glad I did! Our stay was really fun and relaxing.
The grounds are expansive and beautiful. I had very peaceful walks in the mornings, listening to the birds and watching the geese and swans. The outdoor pool is awesome! It is very large and best of all, there are plenty of pool chairs! I hate going to a resort where there are not enough chairs and people "reserve" theirs at 7am with their towels but don't show up until afternoon. That was not the case here. Getting a chair was not a problem at any time. And there is a great little inexpensive restaurant right at the pool as well as a pool bar serving cold drinks. Perfect.
We had a really fun time at the bar in the hotel as well. It's cozy and intimate - but big enough to have that fun "buzz" when full of people in the evening. The dinner was enjoyable. The food was good and cooked to perfection. There was nice music, candlelight and flowers - very romantic. Our room was clean and very nice as well. The staff members we had contact with with were friendly and helpful.
I'm not quite sure why some people complain about the location. It's far enough "away from it all" to be quiet and peaceful, but close enough to be very convenient. Downtown Port Clinton and the Jet Express to Put-in-Bay are less than 5 miles away! That's okay by me.
Best of all was the value! We had looked into staying elsewhere in Port Clinton and everything above 2 stars was very expensive on the weekends. The Holiday Inn Express was $225 a night! Yikes! Overall we were very pleased and would not hesitate to stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lake Erie Shores and Islands is one of the top destinations in Midwest receiving nearly seven million visitors a year. Port Clinton is a central location to a wide array of fabulous activities that range from catching the Jet Express to the Islands; Cedar Point amusement park; several indoor water parks; winery’s; water sports; boating; fishing; camping & bird watching. If you love fishing you have to visit Port Clinton the Walleye Capital of the world. Our beautiful 375-acre waterfront resort is nestled on the Portage River, a tributary to Lake Erie, in Port Clinton Ohio. Erie Islands Resort enjoys an exclusive location very near the myriad of area activities but just far enough away to enjoy amazing Sunrises overflowing with spectacular color, Sunsets gently touching the water with a million dollar view in every direction and unspoiled star filled nights right at your door step. Erie Islands offers a variety of accommodations from our Victorian Style waterfront hotel, spacious cottages, luxurious vacation homes with private dock, or for the camping enthusiast 138 campsites. For our boating guest at Erie Islands we can accommodate you with our 100 slip marina. Indoor and outdoor enthusiasts, and children of all ages, will find a wide array of amenities and activities right here at Erie Islands. When you visit Erie Islands you will soon find yourself in the midst of a recreational paradise with our 15,000 square foot recreation center and 375 acres of grounds. Some of the many onsite amenities include restaurant, lounge, Aveda Spa and retail store, outdoor/indoor pools, outdoor/indoor hot tubs, kiddie pool, 10 private stocked fishing lakes, 125’ river fishing pier, exercise room, racquetball courts, basketball court, tanning spa, general store, snack bar, arcade, billiards, pool bar & disc golf course.At Erie Islands Resort & Marina, you really can have it all – it’s all about family, fun and relaxation while creating memories that will last a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Erie Islands Resort Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Hotel Port Clinton
- Erie Islands Hotel Marina
- Erie Islands Resort Marina Port Clinton, Ohio