“Fun experiance” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of African Safari Wildlife Park

African Safari Wildlife Park
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Drive-through safari park features more than 100 acres of land where hundreds of rare and exotic animals roam free in simulated settings.
Columbus
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun experiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We had fun. Even though we went in the off season we still got to feed some buffalo, llamas, and deer. It is not everyday a huge bison sticks its head into your car!

Visited April 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

We loved feeding the animals and though it was early season there were plenty of animals to feed. Make dure you take the family and buy extra food.

Maumee, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slice of the Wilds!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

Great place to take the kids. Educational and fun to see and experience these animals close up.

suburban Chicago
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Very interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I had seen safari parks on television but never had the opportunity to visit one until now. I took my 13 year old granddaughter and my wife through this park and they were amazed. The animals walk right up to your car and stick their head in the window to get the feed you purchase. This is a great photo op.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank flavere
Illinois
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Good for a laugh and an adventure”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stopped by here on our way back to Chicago from Cleveland because I found a Groupon for this place. This was my second drive thru safari/zoo, but it was a first for my three friends. Having animals stick their heads in your car for food and scare the heck out of your friends or yourself is hilarious. The buffalo were a little unsettling when they blocked in my car and one head butted my bumper, but we left without damage. I had really wanted to see the Scottish Highlander up close, but he stayed away with the other long horns which was probably the best. Their horns are gigantic and would make me nervous around my car! At the exit they have vacuums to clean out your car, if only they had a hose to wash the buffalo drool off the windows. I was excited about this place because of the giraffes and the walk thru zoo portion. However, it was off season so we did not get to see either. I had not seen anything on their website that said certain areas were still closed or off display so that was a bit disappointing. We really enjoyed our trip through the "safari", but I would not come back if I had to pay full price. I would suggest looking for deals before going. If you can get discount admission you have to experience a drive thru zoo at least once!

Visited March 2012