“Great food-Great people”

Buckeye Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I have at Buckeye Dairy Bar many times and have never been disappointed. The food & service is always top notch. From foot longs to pizza to ice cream and milkshakes, they have a big menu at reasonable prices. I recommend you stop by and give it a try!!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed April 16, 2017

We only had ice cream here a couple of times while camping at the nearby state park.They have excellent soft serve ice cream. We stopped a couple of times in the evening and once during the day, and the place was always busy. So, the food must be good too. We didn't play, but they have a very attractive miniature golf course.

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

The dairy bar is a regular stop for us on our way back from hiking. The Buckeye classic, birthday cake, and cookie dough are family favorites. The turtle sundae is also one of the bests. Putt putt course is really well maintained and is a fun time.

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in after a drive in the West Portsmouth area. I hadn't been at this diary bar in many years so decided to stop in for a sandwich and a cone. I ordered one of there big hamburgers and the fella said that it would be a while before it would be ready because of the time to cook it but I said fine and I waited. After some time passed I ordered a corn dog to satisfy the hunger some. It didn't take too long and the corn dog was ready so I sat down and started eating what looked great. The first bite was interesting as the outside was good and hot but the dog was cold. The second bite was as good on the outside but the inside was frozen. I showed it to my wife and was laughing about it. I didn't complain to the staff but waited for the burger to get done and honestly it was very tasty and COOKED!! Haha, we will try again another day.

Reviewed March 30, 2017 via mobile

After playing at ETC Riverside Park, we drove about 3 miles west on Rt. #52, to what has become a family favorite. The grandchildren played in the grassy area, picking up sticks, while we waited for our food. Footers, corn dogs, steak sandwiches, and hot fudge shakes, although NOT low in calories, were all delicious, as usual.
We'll be back in a few weeks, when the miniature golf opens.

Date of visit: March 2017