“A Yummy place to stop”

Buckeye Dairy Bar
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Portsmouth
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 14, 2017

Not all dairy bars at created equal. I actually ate at one that I almost through the ice cream away. NOT THIS ONE! In fact during my last visit after finishing a banana split I was tempted to delight my taste buds with an apple dumpling topped with ice cream. I am so glad I did resist since I still had over 2 hrs drive before I reached home. Each time we visit the Portsmouth OH area we stop at the Buckeye for a goodie. In fact this last 2 hr trip was going to be a relaxing drive through Shawnee State forest and then on to Buckeye. It really is a good place to eat. Plus they also have a putt putt golf course on site.

Reviewed October 9, 2017

Only about 5 minutes west of Portsmouth on Highway 52 is this most attractive dairy bar. It is spotlessly clean, the staff is very alert, courteous, and helpful, and the food is outstanding and very reasonably priced. We loved the burgers, footer hotdogs, chocolate shakes/malteds, dipped cones, and beverages ... all perfectly prepared. Lovely picnic tables to eat at as well. The grass lawn is a really nice touch. The golf course appears very attractive as well, and fairly priced, but we did not have a chance to try it out. In short, picture the nicest dairy bar you ever went to growing up, and this is even better. Kudos. Worth a trip out of your way.

1  Thank CarolinaTrekkers
Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

My family all went there to eat and play miniature golf. We go a lot because it is so nice and clean and the food is really good and the people are very friendly. The miniature golf is perfect!!!
A great place to go with your family and have a great time!!

Reviewed August 8, 2017

I have at Buckeye Dairy Bar many times and have never been disappointed. The food & service is always top notch. From foot longs to pizza to ice cream and milkshakes, they have a big menu at reasonable prices. I recommend you stop by and give it a try!!

Reviewed April 16, 2017

We only had ice cream here a couple of times while camping at the nearby state park.They have excellent soft serve ice cream. We stopped a couple of times in the evening and once during the day, and the place was always busy. So, the food must be good too. We didn't play, but they have a very attractive miniature golf course.