New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Motel 6 Richfield

Motel 6 Richfield
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Richfield
Zimmerman, Minnesota
“Worst hotel in the US...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

I have stay at some really bad places before, but this one tops them all. What a pit. On the way to Pennsylvania for holiday trip, we had to stop here for the night with tired kids. First, the good news - yes - there is good news: There was an ample supply of hot water - not that you could get any though, because the shower head was messed up and barely let any water come out.
Now to the rest of the good stuff - The Bad. Towels were dirty and stained. replacement towels we got were all from the Holiday Inn next door (which is probably why were clean. Bathroom was dirty, tub was chipped and moldy, sink was dirty and rusted, paint coming off the walls and spackle from the ceiling. The room it also dirty just like the bathroom, carpet bad, the full size bed next to the door was broken, the front door entry frame and jamb were cracked near the lock as if someone had tried to break into it several times before, the security look of the door was questionable. The privacy curtains were light weight and didn't fit the window so when the room heater / AC was on it blew the curtains all over the place. The cops showed up to the hotel several times (and I say cops as in multiple cops cars showed up at once) for several domestic disturbances. Last but not least - Did this place say there was Wi-Fi? Whatever. What Wi-Fi? This place was not worth a 1/4 of what I paid. So much for Motel 6 recently renovated hotels - I think this one was missed --- possibly on purpose. Stay clear of this dump.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank hjberg71

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Pittsburgh Area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2008

We needed to book a room at the last minute for a trip to Ohio. We found this HoJo's as we called them on the internet. I realize you get what you pay for but for $60, I expected a lot more. I don't expect perfection but cleanliness and general maintenance would have been nice. The key finally worked after about 9 tries, the bathroom door had been kicked in or pried open and wouldn't shut, the toilet tissue holder fell out of the wall, mold on the outside of the bathroom cabinet, cobwebs in the shower and roach powder behind the dresser. Went to use the iron and it fell apart in my hand. Continental breakfast consisted of coffee and pre-packaged muffins or breakfast bars and the OJ machine was out of order. By the way the pool/fitness facilities are at the Holiday Inn Express across the parking lot. Very disappointed and do not recommend this motel to ANYONE.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Below standard accommodations
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2007

I was in town for a school and was suppose to stay at this place. First I could not understand the desk person. When I received my key and went to my room, it was smelly, and very very very dirty. I was going to get some cleaning supplies it was so bad. At this point I decided to go to a different hotel. There was also Shadey activities going on outside of this hotel when I left. BEWARE!!

• Liked — Nothing, This place is terrible
  • Disliked — Dirty and smelly
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank brianmegan
Sheridan, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2006

Much worse than a 2 star. We are not uncomfortable with cheap motels but this place was dirty, the door was kicked in and was not up to par with a 2 star. Beware. Our on-line reservation service allowed us to cancel our reservations and we stayed somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank Amsdentraveler
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2005

I have stayed at a lot of hotels ranging from 1 star to 5 star, But this place has no star value to describe it.
Mere words don't describe the horror, But here I go.
I booked the room online as a last minute reservation to a family reunion. Well I’m thinking Howard Johnson is a respectable name...Wrong. I drove all day to Ohio expecting a nice comfortable place to stay the night only to find what looked like a dust bowl scene out of the western movies. Landscape no grass, abandon cars, people seating outside of there rooms just hanging out, I can only assume folks put up by the local Red Cross or somebody, straight TRAILER PARK atmosphere. I felt like I was being watch by local inhabitants of the place getting out of my car, So I get to the room the key card worked after a little several tries, fly’s in the room, bathroom door hanging from one hinge, spider webs in the ceiling corners.
Mind y’all now I didn’t go in the room looking for things to complain about, but just wanted a good night sleep. I could go on with more but it pains me so! Had it not been for me being unfamiliar with the area and the time being late...I would left there in my car with my tires smoking. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone looking for a MERE comfortable place to stay in Richfield Ohio

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2004

Made an on-line reservation to stay here a night while driving cross-country. What a mistake! Dirty/smelly rooms; noisy lounge; lots of people calling out and walking by my room all night. Scared me to death. I slept with one eye open. The room was cheap but it's true, you get what you pay for. Never again. Don't go here!

4 Thank JoanieJ1202
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richfield
1.3 km away
10.5 km away
Baymont Inn & Suites Boston Heights/Hudson
13.5 km away
Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Independence

Been to Motel 6 Richfield? Share your experiences!