“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Rossford
Lima, Ohio
“Very nice”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Wow what great customer service. The service desk always greeted us with smile. They provided our kids with toys when waiting for others in front lobby. They let us switch to adjoining rooms. Breakfast good. Room clean. Sad that no hot tub and pool was cold :( but the great help made up for that. Holiday inn french quarter should take notes from Hampton inn.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milford, New Hampshire
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here a couple of days before Christmas. The hotel appears new and the staff was very friendly. I think our room was one of the largest non-suite rooms I have ever stayed in!

The only negative, and it is a small one, is that you can easily miss the sign that directs you to the hotel once you are off of the Turnpike. I had to double back to find it, but no big deal.

Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Hilton has done a pretty good job of standardizing the Hampton Inn experience -- which means that for a slightly higher price than other chains you get a clean hotel, good supply of clean linen, well-made beds, decent room and bathroom space. The reception pointed out the useful places we could eat nearby. I travel a lot and prefer the predictability that Hampton provides. Wifi had good speeds. The property is slightly older than other Hampton Inns but I wouldn't let that detract from the positive qualities of this hotel and the chain in general.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed on our thanksgiving trip to break the drive up, and turned out to be a perfect choice for our family of 5. Nice and quiet, very clean and super large suite rooms. Not many were staying when we were there so no shortage of food at breakfast or anything at all. Room had fridge and microwave too which was great for making a snack. The pool also looked decent, wish we had time to enjoy it. We will stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank snowfall1
Upper Sandusky, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Hampton Inns tout their comfortable beds and fresh linens and the Toledo-Perrysburg Hampton did not disappoint. The room was spacious and just lovely, the complimentary coffee in the lobby was delicious even at 3:15 in the afternoon.
The staff was friendly and helpful - we saw the inn manager helping a family with little ones with their luggage - and the breakfast area/lounge has comfortable seating and a large flat screen tv.
The place was immaculately clean. We didn't take advantage of the pool, fitness area, or business center (should have!) - but the free hi speed wireless internet access was uncomplicated AND fast.
Breakfast the next morning was delicious and part of our stay. There's a great selection hot and cold food.
Totally recommend this Hampton next time you're staying anywhere near Toledo.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kate O
Galena, Illinois
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed two nights, the first was October 6, 2011 and then October 11, 2011. In between I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Monroeville, PA, which I have also reviewed. You know what you are getting with a Hampton Inn, but this property is a cut above other Hampton Inns. I was on the 4th floor both nights, which keeps you above the expressway and parking lot noise. I picked this inn as it was just off the Ohio Turnpike, which I needed to be close to. But, if I hadn't had my GPS, I am convinced I would have seen it from the pike, but it would have taken me awhile to get to it. This interchange is a confluence of like three expressways, including the turnpike. However, it is well worth all the on/off ramps to get to it.
Parking is ample, the doors are always secured, there is a small pool, small gift/toiletries area, and an expansive, for Hampton, lobby lounge and breakfast seating area. Of course, there is a newspaper by your door every morning.

The staff is happy and helpful. The rooms are large, and either side of the floor, 4th, is fine. I had a king size bed the first night and two queens, (beds), the second night on the other side of the hall. The breakfast foods were great with a large selection. Hampton must have run some focus groups because they have upgraded several things, including their breakfast food selections. They now rival European hotel continental breakfast options.

One of the best parts was the desk staff pointed me toward downtown Perrysville only a couple of miles from the inn. That first Thursday evening, I lucked onto a three block long both sides of the street, farmers market that also had bakery, and other foods. I ate my way up and down the street, and met some of the nicest people you will ever find. I am not from Ohio, but there are some of the best small towns and people in America in that state. I do not stay in Columbus, however, as their hotel taxes are ridiculously high, and it is not a small town by any stretch. The second visit here, I went north toward Toledo to a small Italian restaurant recommended by the staff. I was not disappointed. It was great.

This inn also has the "cloud" compartment blankets, which I just do not get along with. Use the one in the closet.

I will certainly stay here again. But, bring your GPS with you. I had to use it both evenings to find my way back to the inn after eating out, especially since it was dark by then..

Safe travels.

Room Tip: Get on the top floor, above the noise.