“Cedar Point is the best, but fat people beware”

Cedar Point Amusement Park
Book In Advance
More Info
US$62.99*
and up
Cedar Point General Admission Ticket
Ranked #2 of 39 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: More than just an amusement park, Cedar Point features hotels, restaurants, beautiful grounds along with an impressive variety of thrill-rides.
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Cedar Point is by far the best amusement park I've been to, and I've been to lots of the good ones. The coasters can't be beat. All added together, it's the best collection of coasters in the country. 17 in all. The problem is that it is tough to ride everything in one day, unless you arrive when the park opens and stay until it closes. You'll have to pick and chose the rides that you want to ride.The lines can be over and hour and a half wait and can be overwhelming in the summer heat, but most of the large coasters have live entertainment (music, DJ's) while you're in line. Camp Snoopy for the kiddies is really good with lots to do
The beach is quite nice if you want to get some sunbathing in. it has some of the nicest sand I've ever seen.
DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR. IF YOU ARE A PERSON OF THE ROUND PERSAUSION TRY OUT THE TEST SEAT AT THE ENTRANCE TO THE RIDE BEFORE YOU GO IN AND GET EMBARRASSED BY NOT BEING ABLE TO FIT INTO THE SEAT AND HAVE TO HOLD UP THE RIDE BY BEING ASKED TO KINDLY EXIT. I used to be a round person and It happened to me.

6  Thank flamingo711
Write a ReviewReviews (7,155)
All reviews
in 83 reviews
"blue steak"
in 159 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2010

After reading several reviews, I thought I would share some info that may be beneficial to park goers.
1. CP does sell bottled water, juices, and soda for outrageous prices (as do most parks) but at any refreshment station, you can ask for free cups of water. Usually it's only 4 ounce cups, but you can get as many as you need.
2. Weekends are always busy there, and for the top 4-6 rides, expect at least an hour wait. The one nice thing at CP is that if you are in line for a ride before the park closes, you will be allowed to ride it.
3. If you have small children, when you enter the park, go to the Park Services building by Kiddie Kingdom and you can have your child measured and given a wristband to avoid being measured all day long. Also, if you have kids of different heights, you can also get a parent swap pass so you can ride more without having to wait in line as long. There are 2 kids' areas - 1 in the front of the park and one in the back, so be sure to check out both.
4. They have a very good first aid area, and safety is a priority. If you are looking for somewhere to cool off, check out the Snoopy on Ice show. It's a great show and it gives you the chance to get out of the heat.
5. CP is a great amusement park - it has something for everyone, so if you get to Ohio, it's worth your time to check it out.

7  Thank dirby5
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Cedar Point did have the most amazing rollar coasters I have ever seen however Cedar Point also had the most miserable employees ever...does everyone working there hate their job? I certainly seemed that way... The smell of puke throught the park was gross. At night when you do the roller coasters make sure you mouth is closed or you will eat a mouth full of bugs... really! Hugh spiders everywhere at night too. The rollar coaster are fun, expect to wait in line anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours... and the break down alot too....

Reviewed August 4, 2010

We loved Cedar Point! It was a short trip for us; we were in the area and swung up there for a day because we were so close. You can take unopened water bottles in with you, although, they didn't check my purse at all. It was the first Sunday in August when we were there and it was busy. The top three rides had about 1.5-2 hours waits. Next time we would like to stay at one of the accomodations that offers early entry. I've been told that in that hour, you can ride about 6 rides before the crowds come in an hour later. We also are beach lovers, so being able to get away from the crowds for a bit and go put our feet in the sand and water was priceless. I also like it that you can come and go so you could technically eat lunch from an ice chest in your car if you prefer... it is pricey inside, but that's an amusement park for you. When asking a friend if it was worth it to drive on up to Sandusky when we were already going by SixFlags in our travels, she said this... "Cedar Point is like Six Flags on steriods," and she was right! Glad we went and we'll go back someday.

1  Thank westernokie
See more reviews
Reviewed August 3, 2010

My husband, teenage daughter and I drove 1000 miles from Florida to visit Cedar Point for the coasters, mainly Top Thrill Dragster that we had seen on TV. It was fun, although way too hot. We only stayed two days and the heat kept us out of the park during the afternoon, but we managed to do all the good rides at least once.

Top Thrill Dragster was amazing! We wanted to do it a second time to get over the shock, but it was closed for maintenance issues. What a view from the top!

Millenium Force was the family favorite, so smooth and fast. No second ride on it either.

Blue Streak was neat, considering that it was the first coaster there in 1964. Mean Streak lived up to everything I had heard about it. So let me save you some grief - DON'T DO IT! I love coasters, but this one is so rough and jarring, I was just hoping not to have back trouble if I survived. No wonder there was no line.

Being on the water was nice. There was a great view from every ride. I think we even saw Canada.

1  Thank tsantillo