“Stayed four times because I love this place”

The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandusky
The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Sandusky B&B and Inns
Hamilton, Canada
“Stayed four times because I love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

So far in my travels, this is the only B & B at which I have stayed more than once. I've now stayed here four times, most recently in the spring of 2011. I've gone with my teenage son who loves Sandusky's main attraction, Cedar Point. On two of the trips we have had other family or friends join us. Here are the things I enjoy most about it: the owners Jon and Cindy are welcoming, friendly, helpful, engaging and interesting; they put on a sumptuous breakfast; the rooms are cozy without being small, and tastefully appointed; the beds are very comfortable; the location very near the quiet but well restored downtown is convenient and peaceful; it is only a few minutes by car from Cedar Point; the house is beautiful and lovingly maintained and decorated. Jon is very Republican and I'm a social democrat from Canada, but we get along famously. We've stayed in one of Cedar Point's Hotels, the Breakers Express, where you get typical hotel air, white noise, a low quality serve-yourself breakfast, and no one to talk to. For me, there is just no comparison.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Novato, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I was traveling solo for business (I do business with Cedar Point) and decided to stay with John and Cindy as opposed to the overpriced 1 and 2 star hotels in the area. I had previously stayed at the local Best Western and I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Well, I have to say, I made the right decision. The room was fantastic, the high-speed Internet worked perfectly, the breakfast was incredible, and I was even able to walk to dinner to meet my client at Zinc Brasserie. This is the experience you want to have in Sandusky!

John and Cindy are fantastic people and I will certainly be back every year and eventually with my whole family when my kids are old enough to enjoy Cedar Point.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank JDC_08
Bellevue
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

We very much enjoyed our stay. John and Cindy were great hosts and the food was fantastic. The location is great, as it is close to the downtown area. If you stay here, I highly recommend eating at the Zinc for dinner - some of the best food we have ever had!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank theherks
Sunny Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

My wife and I joined my parents and brother and sister in law here for two nights last weekend. We were in town for a wedding, and our party had the entire B&B to ourselves, as we rented all three rooms. This was a fantastic experience, I must say. I am a self diagnosed hotel snob, so I was a bit worried about trying a B&B for the first time, but it seemed my worries were unfounded. The house was beautiful, and Cindy and Jon were fantastic hosts. The breakfast each day was to die for, and will certainly make it hard to start my next few mornings at home!

We stayed in the Blue Room, which was very comfortable, although it was the smallest of the three. We were sort of the odd people out, as we arrived a day later than the rest of our party. The only thing I could have added to make the room more comfortable was some more pillows for the bed. Come to think of it, however, I bet there were some in the closet and I never noticed...

Overall this was a great experience, and I would suggest Simpson Flint to anyone looking for something "off the beaten path" when visiting to Sandusky. You won't be disappointed...

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank deej696
Haslett, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2010

My 14-year-old son and I had a wonderful time at the Simpson-Flint House. Cindy was a gracious hostess (Jon wasn't there), and we couldn't have asked for a nicer place to spend a night after a hot day at Cedar Point. The house is beautiful and the rooms were lovely and clean. In contrast to a previous review here, I liked the shower in the Rose Room -- good water pressure. It is only about 4 miles from Cedar Point, so it was quite convenient for us. Cindy was very helpful with recommendations and directions and she made us feel very welcomed. Breakfast was delicious and filling. I would definitely stay at this B&B again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Georgia13_10
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2009

We found the Simpson-Flint House B&B while looking for a place to stay that was close to Cedar Point. What a great find! The hosts are fantastic, the breakfast was beautifully prepared and delicious, and the house is chock full of interesting antiques. The house is old, so it has it's share of interesting quirks, but it is very well maintained - and about a five minute drive to the park. We'll definitely stay there again on our next pilgrimage to Roller Coaster Mecca.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HouseOfStoll
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

Based on the reviews here at TripAdvisor, I decided to surprise my wife with a stay here for our anniversary quick getaway. We were NOT disappointed! Jon and Cindy are truly gifted hosts, and make you feel welcome from the second you come in. We were greeted at the door by name and welcomed in by Jon. They even upgraded our room to the "Green Room" at no extra charge (we were the only guests during this weekday visit)!

The "Breakfast" portion of the deal was great, with Eggs Benedict and fresh baked mini muffins to die for! We were so full, that we never ate lunch that day...

When I think about the overpriced hotels on the strip, it only confirms that I made the right decision. The house is only 2 short walking blocks to the lake and docks to the islands, and there is plenty of scenic parks within easy walking distance. Even though it is away from the busy/crazy tourist district, the road right beside the house takes you easily there (and to the Cedar Point entrance) within 5 minutes.

Now I am a very picky person, and I would have to say that this was one of the most pleasant experiences that I have EVER had away from home. For the price (or LESS) of the cookie-cutter chain hotels, you could stay here! Now this is NOT for people with rowdy kids who only have Cedar Point on their minds, or for those looking for a pool or hot tub, but if you want to feel "at home" in a RELAXED historic setting, this is THE place. We will definitely be back. Our only regret was that we had only booked 1 day!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple