“Ehhh....”

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
Cleveland, Ohio
“Ehhh....”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

The location was great, my husband and I didn't care about walking distance to Cedar point, but to the Thirsty Pony for dinner and a few drinks. Minus the staff burping mid sentence they were pleasant for the 5 seconds we interacted. The "non-smoking" room smelled like 5 year old nicotine. Still, not terribly dirty, but not great. The company around us was a tad trashy - heard two guys fighting at 2:00 AM loud enough to wake us up and there were some interesting looking women when going to grab a pop and water out of the machine. Would we stay there again...eh...probably not.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed 3 September 2009

Our room was on the front side, just a few doors down from the lobby. There is a Mexican restaurant on site that looked good, but we were too tired to try it. The room had a musty stuffy odor upon entry, but was aired out quick enough by turning on the air conditioner. The room was clean, except for that deep dirtiness you always have in the carpets of cheap hotels. My son was crawling around on the floor playing with cars, and when he got up his knees and the tops of his toes were black, so if you decide to stay here, bring your slippers. Other than that the room was clean. Sheets were soft and clean with no stains. Comforter had some odor, but it is typical for cheap hotels to not wash the comforter between guests. Breakfast was toast, muffins, danishes, juice, coffee. I only had the muffins and they were moist and delicious. Close to Cedar Point. I will probably stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank klbh77
McCordsville, Indiana
Reviewed 27 August 2009

I booked this smoking room because it was the only type available. Apparently the smoking rooms do not face Milan Rd. Instead they face the Ghostly Manor and Skating Rink. There was noise from this until midnight it seemed. Also one night occupants of the room next door were quite noisy, and it took several calls to the front desk to get management to tell them to quiet down. The room was OK but certainly smelled of smoke. The hotel is a few miles from Cedar Point but we went to Summit Raceway in Norwalk. Breakfast consists of meager pastries and juice and coffee, so we went to McDonald's. We were only there two nights, and paid $85/night.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lizard4280
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Don't expect anything spectacular. The rooms are your typical motel room and out-of-date, but clean enough. The continental breakfast is just pastries, OJ, and coffee. The location is great and this price was great.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LindsayD29
Northern England
Reviewed 13 June 2009

Probably reflects its rating for Cedar Point Hotels (half way down the list), definitely not the bad hotel indicated in some reviews - that was my experience anyway. Breakfast was minimal to take to your room, but nevertheless was available, and we took that refreshment. This hotel is what it states, ECONO LODGE, so dont expect 4 star accomodation. My only criticism was that we were in a smoking room, and as non smokers, become very critical of any smell to the room (the room was well cleaned on a daily basis). We did not ask to be moved because it was not that bad. Daly's has an excellent buffet further down Milan Road, and there is a massive Walmart also on Milan Rd, so you wont go without reasonably priced food one way or the other.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Stroudsburg, PA
Reviewed 6 August 2008

I chose this hotel because the reviews seemed better than at the other local Econolodge, and at $82 a night for an efficiency it seemed like a really good deal. It wasn't; maybe for $45 a night I would stay there again.

The room as OK, but not an efficiency. They put a microwave and refridgerator in the bathroom area which I think is a little gross. The room was so damp that the clothes in my suitcase got damp from it. A continental breakfast was supposed to be included, but they didn't have any sort of dining room, or any counter space to put food, so I didn't bother going.

The gal that did my checkin was very unfriendly. However, the lady who cleaned the room, I think her name was Jennifer, did a good job and was very helpful. The gentlemen who checked me out was also friendly.

One more thing ... the pic of the 2-story hotel is the other Econolodge, which is actually a lot closer to Cedar Point.

• Liked — The helpful staff
  • Disliked — was damp and a little gross
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank smileyface522

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

Indiana
Reviewed 31 July 2008

Okay - we were meeting some friends who were staying at "Econo Lodge Cedar Point" for $107/night. thinking Econo lodge cedar point south was the same hotel, I booked this one, also for $107.

I hated this place!

First, the staff are awful. We arrived at 1pm, and I went in and asked if we could check in early, the staff said yes we can and took my credit card. I told her I have to use the restroom (it was a loong drive), so she said she could give me the key to the room while she processed the card. Ok, great. Walked ALL AROUND the building to get to my room, the key did not work. I went all the way around back and asked her the problem, some other guy came in and said this girl is new and doens't know and we CANNOT check in right now but they have already processed my card. I inquired whether I could use their bathroom and he said No Way. Then they said I should come back in 2 hours for check in. We went to meet up with our friends at the other Econo Lodge (NOT south.) Their room looked quite nice. We came back around 4 to check in, got the key, the key worked...

arrived at the room, which was STILL DIRTY. We called the front desk and were answered by "Good afternoon, Day's Inn." Anyway, then they said the room would get made up - we came back around 9pm and it was. So at least they did that.

The room itself was dirty and had an "interesting" odor.

There is no reason I would EVER stay at this hotel - the other Econo Lodge for the same price is closer and far nicer.

• Liked — ok location
  • Disliked — awful staff
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends