“Above Our Expectations”

Hampton Inn Sandusky-Central
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The Service was Exellant from the House Keeping to the Breakfast Buffet attendant to the front desk and the Management as well! We have stayed at many motels and hotels over the past 20 yrs. and we found this Hampton Inn Central in Sandusky Ohio to be very accomadating as well as the location which is only a 10 to 15 minute drive to the Cedar Point Amusement Park! You couldn't ask for more!! If you arent happy with this place then you need to get a camper!! The breakfast Buffet is the best we have had in years!! Thanks Again for a most enjoyable Experience!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Phil58134

Reviewed 8 June 2011

Hotel is very clean and I'm surprised by the reviewers who said otherwise, especially the one who mentioned teenagers trying to start a fire on the 3rd floor when the hotel only has 2 floors!

The rooms aren't fancy but it is a Hampton Inn and not a full scale Hilton or Embassy Suites so you're getting what you pay for.

I checked in on a 95 degree day and the air conditioner in my first
room #118 couldn't cool the room down enough so the friendly front desk staff moved my to room #220 and the AC worked great.

I mentioned the friendly front desk staff, well Jeff was friendly enough to direct me to a local park to get a run in at, Osborn Park, he actually wrote out turn-by-turn directions
on how to get there.

I'm a Hilton Diamond Member and I recommend this hotel if you're in the area and need a clean, comfortable, & reasonably priced place to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank jlm3333
Reviewed 21 May 2011

We normally stay at a B & B in Bellevue, but they were sold out. So after a horrible experience at another motel we came here, and were very pleased. The rooms were clean, staff pleasant; no great thrills, but overall very good and well worth the cost.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank resquahog
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Working for a Hilton Property I am proply a little more critical than most about the upkeep of a hotel. This property is clean and well kept, the staff was very helpful even before they knew I worked at another Hilton product. I read the reviews before I made my reservation there and yes the rooms were a little dated but still very nice. Most people don't realise the stress families put on a facality in a resort area, they are not pap and gram staying one night or the businessman there for a couple of days, so when a place like Ceder Point is open it's a battle just to keep the laundry done. The Hotel is nice and clean and all the staff was friendly and helpful, I had an enjoyable stay and will go there the next time I am in Sandusky

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank 91orion
Reviewed 13 September 2010

This is an old hotel and is not in great shape. I don't think it was originally a Hampton. let me first say that there are not a lot of good choices in Sandusky, and this may be a viable option, but keep your expectations low.

The service and the breakfast was good. Check in and our was a breeze.

The bathrooms were very old and small, with a tiny sink outside. I got the king jacuzzi room, and it was OK. The jacuzzi did not work properly, and it was hard to get the jets on or off.

The biggest disappointment I had was that there was black mold on the top of the shower ceiling. Obviously, they had a leak upstairs and housekeeping didn't notice this large mold spot. Not cool. I let them know at checkout, and they just said they would have someone look in to it.

Very basic hotel with a decent breakfast. Keep your expectations low if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

We had two rooms at the Hampton Inn Sandusky – Central on August 26, to August 28, 2010. One room was on the first floor (King Size Bed) and the other on the second floor. We found the hotel to be clean and the staff very friendly and helpful, with no smell or bugs. The room for my wife and I had extra towels each day, without having to request them, which made her very happy. The breakfast was very simple, but very nice. There were several hot items that rotated every day. Brian, the night manager was helpful with dining options and recommended the two places across the road. Both were acceptable choices. Our two teenage boys took the food out and stayed in the room, we ate in each place one night. The boys used the indoor pool the first night and it was well kept.

We did not see any of the bugs or other problems the past few reviewers claim to have had. We would stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mskesq
Reviewed 19 August 2010

We stayed from 7/27 8/1 . Room had bugs in it Cockroaches in our room and Hotel was not a Original Hampton Inn before! It was the most disgusting Hampton Inn that I have ever stayed at ! I'm a Hilton Honors member(Silver) and I have stayed at Hampton Inns all over the USA ,And NEVER stayed at on so GROSS! everything was dirty and a little seedy about the Hampton here in Sandusky,Oh! The carpet was dirty too in our room. In our bathroom was where we found the baby Cockroach on the toilet seat ! NICE ! Totally gross ! take it from me DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS PLACE! By they way they charged us $178.00 the 1st night stay and then we demaned a Full refund, They said no problem until this week when I got our CC statement in the mail and we were charged $640.01 ,So I called the Hampton Inn and they credited our CC back the $ 640.01 So now we will wait to see over the next couple of days to see if they actually credited our account back! Stay Tuned! And don't stay there! Oh, One of the Highlights of the trip besides the cockroaches was the Teenagers in the hallway on the 3rd floor trying to start a fire with there lighter by the elevator by the carpet! This hotel is prefect for Hookers, Drug Addicts, Lowlifes, Scummmy people

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family