I have never in my life written a bad review for a hotel. I will start this one off by saying that it was a roof over our heads and served that purpose. That is about all I can say. We got a room with 3 beds as we had 5 people in our party. The room was spacious, but the beds were rock hard. Now, I like a firm mattress but this was like sleeping on plywood. The wallpaper was peeling off in the corners of the rooms and the carpet was sticky. Eww. The pool, which we were informed was closed for the season, was still full of water; green water, but water none the less. I thought when you closed a pool that you took the water out of the pool. I could see it as a huge hazard for families with young children. We were on the top floor and when we stepped out the stairway door to smoke we were surprised to see that the door was not locked, nor would it lock. Anyone could have walked up the staircase and entered the building at any time. Security issue for sure! The ice machine (which the lady at the counter was not sure of it's location) did not have an ice scoop and the floor was covered in water. Both of the women that we encountered at the registration desk were "unique" to say the least. One tried to get us to cancel our reservation and go somewhere else (and honestly, I was not complaining nor being difficult in any way... I just asked her if there was a less congested way to get to Cedar Point) the other one told us all about her trip to some motorcycle mecca. We left that interaction thinking "What prompted that conversation" as we did not initiate it, nor had we even mentioned motorcycles - we had asked for an additional pillow, which they only had 1 of. If you are looking for cheap sleeps after Cedar Point, this place may do the trick for you, but I don't think we will be back. There are a ton of hotel properties around Cedar Point - look on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated for the summer of 2014, the the Best Budget Inn Sandusky is a big savings hotel! Bring the family and friends along to enjoy our selection of larger 1, 2, and 3 bedroom family-style rooms, as well as rooms with a separate two-person Jacuzzi. Your stay includes free wi-fi internet access, HBO and ESPN, free local calls, and an outdoor pool. We also offer a game room, laundry service, and easy access to local restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and Cancelon so you can book your Best Budget Inn Sandusky reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Budget Inn Sandusky Hotel Sandusky
- Budget Inn Sandusky
- Sandusky Budget Inn
- Best Budget Inn Sandusky Ohio