“will never stay”

Ranked #19 of 35 Hotels in Sandusky
ohio
“will never stay”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

the staff has no clue what they are doing. the water park is very small and there is not much to do. then our friends room should have been by ours so when is 128 by 228 i guess right above is close by each other

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kelly m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
clevelnad
Reviewed 4 March 2012

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!! PAY THE EXTRA $50 AND GO TO KALAHARI OR CASTAWAY BAY!!!!!!! HEED THE WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!
We checked in this past Friday the room was dirty, and there was a "roll away bed" which I did not ask for, (( and was CHARGED FOR they refused to remove the charges, i complained right when we got the room)) after visiting the VERY DISAPPOINTING ""water park" we tried to shower for dinner, NO HOT WATER!!! not even a drop! I called to complain and ask for a different room, they said that they cant change the room, the lady at the front desk said " your only there for one night, you can shower when you leave!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!! So we check out.....
It even states clearly on the NAPKINS they provide and they must sure be true... "we need the money" on their NAPKINS for crying out loud..... We stayed for one night wit hour 3 year old, after check out i noticed the day after extra charges, they charged $105.00 extra for a blanket and a pillow that they claim were "missing" from the room. i called them to dispute the charges and they told me well even if you didn't take them you will get charged because they were missing out of your room...... SERIOUSLY! Then I was told to call back to talk to someone else, because she will not help me with the issue. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!! PAY THE EXTRA $50 AND GO TO KALAHARI OR CASTAWAY BAY!!!!!!! HEED THE WARNING!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: "choose a different hotel"
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lee B

Travellers are raving about these Sandusky hotels

SE Michigan
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed last weekend with a $50 one-night coupon deal. Great deal since it included the water park as well. Now it's not a substitute for the Bahamas or even Great Wolf Lodge but we certainly got a lot of bang for the buck. It cost me more to board my dog for two nights.

The water park is rinky dink but fine for grade schoolers. Ideal age/size would be to bring kids that are 42" or taller since they could ride the water slides. Mine are smaller than that so they couldn't ride the slides but they enjoyed playing in the other areas. For adults it's a bit cold so luckily they had a hot tub. Unlike a lot of places though kids are allowed in the hot tub too. The water area was kept up very well. It looked like it had fresh paint and no mold or anything like that.

The room was fine. Yes, it's what you would expect from a low-end chain but it was clean and had everything we needed. We were fortunate to get a large suite-style room (rm 144). It looked like it had been updated compared some of the photos uploaded here. The heater was newer and worked well. Had two large flat screen TVs. Had a large safe big enough to hold a day pack or purse. Unfortunately it wasn't working -- low battery warning was displayed. The only real annoyance about the room was the terrible water pressure in the bathtub. It wasn't the low-flow shower head because it was really slow to come out of the tap as well. But for one night it wasn't a big deal.

We also utilized the bowling alley after checkout. Staff were very friendly. It seemed a little pricier than a typical alley but I don't know since I don't bowl that often. $18 for one hour (two adults, two kids) but they gave us two lanes. The full menu from the Thirsty Pony is available there so we ordered wings and pizza. Both the wings and the pizza were on the greasy side but palatable. Also a little pricey for what it is. It's good for the convenience but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank mdchachi
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Was a little disappointed in water park, very small mainly geared toward younger children. The 2 big slides they have are fun though! Since no indoor pool kids got bored pretty quickly! the hotel rooms themselves were nothing to brag about - your typical hotel room, noticed french fries under our bed and we didn't have any so housekeeping isn't the best! Kids really did like bowling alley, arcade & laser tag attached to hotel & The Thirsty Pony restaurant attached to hotel offers a nice selection and decent prices!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank momrams
Napoleon, Ohio
Reviewed 15 January 2012

The water park is a joke, the water is very cold. The employees in the bowling alley are very rude. The heat in my room kept breaking and blew out cold air even after they 'fixed' it. The hotel took $200 out of my bank account without telling me, and my total bill for staying was $80. Dont waste your money going to this place, its a total joke!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Kristina H
Brecksville, Ohio
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My friends and I took our kids to this hotel for a safe, fun, New Year's Eve. The indoor Waterpark (water area) was geared for younger kids, not my 13-year old. So he and his friends occupied themselves bowling and laser tag. The adults enjoyed the off-track betting, bowling, and few games of laser tag, too.

The staff was very friendly and low stress. The food very tasty.

The hotel is older, and 2** at best, but we had a very nice night. Would definetly consider a return visit next year.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cath8104
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I purchased a $50 voucher good for a one night stay on a Saturday night valid until June 18th, I made my reservation for May and now the hotel manager refuses to honor the voucher, he is now blaming the company that issued the vouchers as having made a mistake on the valid date, he could have honored the voucher as a good will gesture but I am forced to have the credit card company issue a charge back from the 3rd party vendor in order to obtain a refund..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo