1,060 results
All reviews tarpon suite wave pool water park indoor waterpark quaker steak and lube cedar point water coaster hot tub dance party king bed toddler area year olds spring break fridge and microwave family vacation lots of fun little pricey
Reviewed September 4, 2018

As a Cedar Point platinum pass holder, we spend a lot of time at Cedar Point. This hotel is badly in need of an update. The front desk staff forgot to text us and our friends to alert us our rooms were ready. The hotel beds are an abnormally short length. I'm 5'5" and with my head touching the headboard, but feet touched the end of the bed. I assume this is why there were no fitted sheets on the bed due to the irregular length -- only a flat sheet was used as the bottom sheet and a flat sheet and blanket on top. This was the same in our friend's adjoining room -- short beds. I've never seen anything like this. The bathrooms are incredibly outdated. The shower curtain had mildew. Our friends in the adjoining room tried to use the hotel provided hair dryer, but it shorted out, sparks flew out of it, and it started smoking. The hotel room carpet is old and dirty to the point it felt disgusting to walk on the carpet without shoes or socks. The room charge with water park tickets was $300 a night. Its outrageously overpriced. Also, online, they advertise a nice, sit down restaurant, along with Quaker Steak and Lube. After we checked in, they said the nice restaurant had closed. I suggest staying at Lighthouse cabins (MUCH cleaner and updated, even if they are incredibly small) or Breakers. Breakers is worth every penny. This hotel is outrageously overpriced, outdated, and not clean.

Room Tip: Don't book this hotel!
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Castaway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

andreaaL893NW,

Thank you for your comments. I’m sorry to hear about your experience. This is definitely not a usual occurrence at our hotel and I apologize for our lapse in service. I appreciate your feedback as we are always looking to improve.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

We (a friend & I with our 4 teenage sons) stayed here two days. We were going to Cedar Point for a day. The hotel staff is awesome. Very friendly, efficient and helpful. Kudos. The water park & arcade were great entertainment. We arrived about 1:30 and were able to go right into the water park. I would definitely recommend getting the breakfast package. The buffet is excellent as well. The hotel is old and could be cleaned better but most likely needs a painting and some updating to get that fresh appeal. We stayed in tarpon suite (room 123). It had 4 bunks in a little room and the main room had a king bed. There was a fridge and microwave too.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Castaway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2018

Hi Tammy H,

We take pride in giving outstanding service to every guest here at Castaway Bay. We are very happy to hear that your experience was no exception. Thank you for leaving your wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed August 31, 2018

The indoor water-park was almost empty, which was good, however the front desk staff at the hotel had the worst attitude I have ever experienced. Unfortunately I made the reservation on the phone and did not realize how small was the room. Some black insect fell out from a towel when I took it. If you want decent size room you'll end up paying more than cleaner and nicer hotels will cost. If you want the water-park and you are Canadian, just go to Fallsview indoor waterpark :-)

Stayed: August 2018

Arnlr,

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Everything about our stay was fantastic! Room was clean; staff was friendly and prompt; restaurants/cafes were great, we loved that Quaker Steak and Lube was attached so we didn’t have to leave the hotel and Mango Mike’s had a delicious breakfast bar; the arcade was fun for my 7 year old and the waterpark offered fun for everyone from babies to adults. Highly recommend!!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tyler K, Manager at Cedar Point's Castaway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Hello Carrie1116,

We’re thrilled you enjoyed all of the amenities that we have to offer, we love making our guests happy at Castaway Bay. Thank you for leaving the positive review, we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Not all the rides were open when the water park opened, coast guard approved life jackets fit poorly, and life guards were unfriendly. My door room did not close unless pushed shut, sliding glass door didn’t lock, and found very old moldy food in the microwave. The deal with the cedar point ticket and early entry to the park was a positive point though.

Room Tip: Make sure microwave and coffee pots are cleaned out. Fix the sliding glass door, and room door.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

jlsinyangwe,

I am really sorry to hear about what happened. I’d like to make sure mistakes like these don’t happen again. Your experience will be reviewed by our team to ensure that each and every guest receives the top notch service that we are known for.