“Not downtown Cincinnati, but good bang for the buck!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville

LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Sharonville
Newark, NJ
“Not downtown Cincinnati, but good bang for the buck!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We waited too long to get reasonable rooms in Downtown. We picked this place as it is close to friends live in Wyoming. Bathroom was recently renovated. Furniture pretty decent. Pool was great for chilling in hot weather. It worked for us!

Room Tip: The elevator isn't so speedy so go for the 2nd floor near the pool. You can use that door to get...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012 via mobile

Pros:
Very clean
Staff accommodating and kind (after a rough night with RUDE neighboors they moved us after we requested)
Comfy beds and rooms (although small)
Free breakfast and pool

Cons:
Sparse staff, never saw at front desk
Thin walls (actually had to put cotton in my ears)
Nothing but starches at breakfast

• Stayed May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Roswell, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I think this Hotel deserves the #4 or #3 spots on here for Hotels near Cincinnati. Check in was easy, the hotel and room were clean. The bed, carpet and bathroom in our room were clean and up to my standards. The hotel is also near a pretty nice mall and lots of dining. By "near" i mean like 1.5 miles!! The bed and pillows were super comfortable. I would stay here again and I think the price is great. it is only about 15-20 minutes from downtown as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joseph H
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

We chose this hotel based on good reviews, and a good price. We were not disappointed! Even though it is an older hotel, the room was clean and well appointed, with a comfortable bed. The hotel staff was friendly, and helpful. The location suited our needs very well. It is close to Jungle Jim's International Market, and only a short drive to downtown Cincinnati, where we attended a college graduation.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank aktumbleweed
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed here for two nights while working an event in Cincy. I was worried about the safety since I was traveling solo. It's right off the interstate and convenient for anyone needing to get around. About a 20 or so minute drive into downtown.

There is ample parking and an indoor water park is across the street if you're looking for some family fun. Right around the hotel is a Cracker Barrel, Subway, and other typical interstate food joints. A few miles away is a more populated area with a shopping mall and lots of other food options including Chick fil A, Skyline Chili, and more.

On my second day, I left my keys in my room and though they had my name wrong in the computer and it took a while, they were glad to help me get back in. I didn't experience any issues with the staff.

For a non-smoking hotel, it did smell a little like smoke, so be sure to bring air freshener or something if that bothers you. I wish I had but it was manageable. I couldn't quite figure out the A/C so I don't think I had it on the entire first day I was there. It was never hot, but after figuring it out and it coming on, everything was fine. I felt fairly safe and didn't encounter any issues concerning that either. I also didn't have any problems with noise or sleep.

The room included a little desk area which was nice and a leather recliner.

I am pretty particular about things and although this hotel is not a five star, it also doesn't advertise or cost as such. It does the job for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank ShanLando
Kalamazoo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Got to say, this has been one of the best hotel stays I have had in years. Hotel was busy and took me a little while to check in, but the desk staff treated me as fresh as if I was the first person to check in that day.

My room was extremely clean, and the beds were out of this world! Best sleep I have had in ages, even better than my Serta at home! Breakfast was good and the "make your own waffles" hit the spot (I ate 5 of them). I paid about $60, got free interent and coffee in my room.

I now travel on business and will be coming to that area more often, and when I do, Livinn will always get my business!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here to visit family. I'm from California. Front desk was rude the carpet was filthy!! There was a "RED" stain near the bed God only knows what is was. The lights in the bathroom were out, tub and sink were clogged. They finally sent someone after 4 days of complaining to the front desk What he found was "hair" the size of a rat was his exact description. Not to forget the staff used there master key on two different occasions to invite themselves in. I'll never stay here again. This place needs to be shut down.

Room Tip: Never stay here. You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank SanFranciscoM
atlast10, Interm General Manager at LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville, responded to this review, 29 April 2012
Dear Guest

We are very sorry for the inconvienences you experienced during your stay. Thank for reporting the items to our front desk and allowing our maintenance person to repair them. We deteremined the carpet stain was due to a kool aid spill and has since been removed.

For your inconvenience we did compensate you on your final hotel bill, and hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to serve you.

LivINN Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sharonville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#4 of 17 in Sharonville
0.8 km away
Residence Inn Cincinnati North/Sharonville

Been to LivINN Hotel Cincinnati North / Sharonville? Share your experiences!