“Enjoyable stay”

Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Stow
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is a better-than-standard midrange hotel property. Staff is very gracious. My "suite" was perfectly fine w full kitchen and two rooms. The offeings downstairs in the morning and afternoon are more than adequate. Good value.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Guest,
Thank you ever so much for your review! It is our pleasure to have aided in making your trip an enjoyable one. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I recently stayed at this property along with 3 others guests to visit a cusotmer in the area. I was surprised at the large rooms and how well kept the property was. Everyone was very friendly and accomodating.
The beds were very nice. I didn't expect this quality of mattress for this type of property.
The only reason I couldn't give this property a 5 star was due to the walls seeming to be hollow. The hall and wall noise between rooms was very loud which woke us up in the night as well as early each morning.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Our family stayed here after our trip on the Polar Express with our kids. I would have given this hotel 5 stars but our room was pretty dirty. The duvet covers on all 3 of our beds were stained with dried liquids and/or bodily fluids. I called the front desk. It took the clerk about 30 minutes as he searched for 2 clean duvet covers he brought up to our room. The king size one he had to leave and come back again, saying "I don't know if we have any extra ones in that size." So we would have to sleep with a soiled one? Not happening. This hotel needs to purchase some extra bedding. Luckily he found "the last one" and I helped him put on the duvets. This whole process took from 11pm-12am. I was grossed out, exhausted with tired little kids. I was nice to the clerk throughout this process, but not very happy. The clerk remained calm and kind...his cordial, friendly demeanor was welcome and helpful.

There were other cleaning issues: crumbs on the carpet, ketchup splattered on the bedroom door & wall, and dots of what appeared to be dried, spilled milk on the desk and headboard. On the bright side, the bathrooms & kitchen were clean.

The employees were kind and helpful. The decor was newer and the rooms were well-appointed. We stayed in a 2-bedroom suite and were so thankful for the extra space with 2 young children. If this hotel gets some new cleaning staff, it will be nearly perfect - especially for families!

Room Tip: Go for the 2 bedroom suite if it is a family trip. The kitchen, bedrooms, living room and extra bath...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Starting with the front desk staff to the breakfast room lady, we couldn't have asked for friendlier more accommodating people. The room was very clean, large, in new condition and the beds were very comfortable. We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite and there was plenty of room to spread around. The swimming pool (as another poster said) was quite cold. My daughter started shivering as soon as she got in. If it's heated it could use being turned up a few degrees.
Being New Years Eve we expected a little noise. But in the middle of the night there were quite a few kids blowing noise makers in the hallway outside our door. One phone call to front staff and we never heard them anymore. Breakfast was plentiful, hot and tasty. We are recent converts to Staybridge and if there is one in the area where we are staying we will definitely stay there.
Overall a GREAT experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
sbs01, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Thank you so very much for your response/review, it is always our pleasure to serve our guests and I am so happy to hear you have "converted" we love that! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and we aim to lead the market by doing so.

Please come back to see us again, we love having you here! Have a great 2012 and we hope to see you soon!

Darlene

Reviewed 25 October 2011

I have mixed feelings about this hotel.

Good: My wife, toddler, and I stayed one night in Oct 2011. We were supposed to get a king bed suite but ended getting upgraded to a two bedroom suite which was nice for us to put her pack-n-play in the other room.

The workers were very friendly. You could tell that they kept track of who had been there for a while and made sure they were taken care of.

The free breakfast had a lot of options. I pointed out the orange juice was out and the employee immediately changed and she even offered to get bring some to my table.

Bad: As noted in the title, the pool is not heated. It was 50 degrees outside and while the pool was indoor, it was a little chilly inside and the pool was way too cold to be used. We ended up playing with our toddler in the hot tub. She actually thought it funny to dip her feet in the cold pool, so it wasn't a disaster. Just disappointing.

Also, while we had nice tvs in our room, the signal was not HD so everything was a bit fuzzy.

I don't want to complain too much because I used reward points for the stay, but I don't think we'd go back here unless it was the middle of summer.

I would recommend this location for business travel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I stayed for a weekend, and I was a little surprised that some of the amnities that I probably paid for such as maid service and complementary 5:30 to 7:30 happy hour wasn't available on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. They add .75 to your bill for the USA Today too.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Summary
I stayed at the StayBridge Suites for several weeks. It is a nice hotel, the rates are reasonable, and I’d certainly stay there again.

Pro’s
-Hotel is new, nice and clean. The grounds are very well maintained. There are grills to use in the courtyard. There is a business center, theater room, exercise room and laundry room, and all are complimentary. Rooms are nice and beds are comfortable.
-Nice people working there. They really have a family atmosphere as far as the employees are concerned. I did feel like I was a guest and not some anonymous customer. Everyone was helpful and polite. If you check out their Facebook page they look like one big happy family.
-Complimentary Breakfast every morning. And it is very good. Vickie was very nice and did a good job of providing a nice breakfast each morning.
-Complimentary food and beer/wine/soda every Tuesday-Thursday evening.
-Complimentary use of washers & dryers (you need your own detergent which they sell).
-24-hour pool and hot-tub.
-Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.

Con’s
-No HDTV. Sure they have flat screens in every room, but no HD. I can’t understand why a newer hotel in mid-2011 does not have HD. If you are only there for a night or two, then it’s no big deal. But if you are used to HD and are staying there for an extended time, it probably will get annoying.
-Smoking. Unlike Marriott, this hotel allows smoking. Even though our first room was non-smoking, it stunk, the hallway stunk, and the smoke would flow in through the bathroom vent presumably from another room. Our second room was down a separate wing and it was smoke free. If you are sensitive to the smoke, this may be a nuisance for you as it was for me.
-Housekeeping. Overall not too bad but still needs some improvement. There were never any towels available at the pool, we’d always have to call and request them. Trash would sit in the hallway all day waiting to be picked up (I’d just walk mine out to the dumpster myself). The common areas would often be messy from boorish guests, but someone has to clean up after them more promptly.

Miscellaneous
-Location is right off the expressway with convenient access to the east suburbs of Cleveland or Akron. It is noisy, but convenient.
-There are a few restaurants nearby, not a great selection, but enough to do the job. Go a few exits south to Howe Road in Akron for a wider selection. If you want a higher-end meal, you have to go north to 303 and into Hudson.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SchultzBrigade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stow
0.2 km away
5.7 km away
Sheraton Suites Akron Cuyahoga Falls
14.6 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Akron Fairlawn

Been to Staybridge Suites Akron-Stow-Cuyahoga Falls? Share your experiences!