“Sushi dinner at the bar”

Samurai Sushi and Hibachi
Ranked #20 of 135 Restaurants in Strongsville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2017

We went to Samurai on a Saturday night, there was a long wait for the Hibachi, however were were there for the sushi. We sat at the sushi bar, our waitress was extremely friendly and attentive. As we were sitting there the, the sushi chef handed us the bar special, which we didn't order, but they wanted us to try it, it was awesome. Our sushi and sashimi dinner had great variety, we subbed out the California roll (boring) and ordered the chefs special roll which was one of the best rolls we have ever had, multiple sushi and then it also had lobster on the top.

Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

Orderes takeout sushi. The restaurant was super busy so it took awhile for the hostess to get my order. The portion sizes were great, and they had a nice variety of regular and fancy sushi rolls to order.

Reviewed May 16, 2017 via mobile

Our son chose this restaurant for our Mother's Day dinner. It's your typical Japanese Steakhouse. However, you do sit in normal chairs.

The Japanese cook is entertaining and he does do a good job of preparing your meal.

The cost of the meal is rather high, a guess to cover the entertainment factor. The seating is rather close, especially if you're seated next to a stranger.

I would go here again, but I'd rather go to a steakhouse or seafood restaurant instead.

Reviewed February 26, 2017

Our experience was ruined by the hostess staff right away. We walked in wanting to take our son to the hibachi side of their restaurant. It was obviously busy and this might not have been possible, but the hostess staff pretty much treated us like idiots for even asking. Then dismissively told us that there was a time available in an hour or so.

Because we didn't want to have to find another place to eat, against my better judgement, we decided to just grab a booth. I felt the food was average, but definitely overpriced for what we had. My wife did enjoy her sushi. Please keep in mind, I know our experience was probably ruined by the hostesses, so take my review for what it's worth.

1  Thank watchyoursix
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

Came during lunch for the restaurant, not hibachi. Service was slow but the sushi good. Decent prices for lunch