“Housekeeping Issues and Front Desk Staff to Busy to Look Up”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Strongsville
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The first room we were given was right next to the door to the parking lot. Perhaps because we had booked via Priceline. Perhaps that accounted for the spider webs and bugs in the room -- but it didn't account for the hair on the bathroom floor. It looked as though someone had been given a haircut in there and they hadn't swept up very well.

I went to the front desk to ask to change rooms and the girl didn't look up until I had been standing there (and I was the only guests standing there) for a solid minute. She should at least have looked up and said, "I'll be with you in just a moment." She did not apologize for the dirty room, but did give us another room. There were only two bath towels (in a room for four people). But it was clean.

It bothers me a lot that breakfast is not included -- but the buffet area is positioned where all the guests can see (and smell) it tantilizingly. Similarly-priced hotel chains do include breakfast. I guess this is a reason not to use Priceline. Another time, I would book a room directly at a Wingate or something similar -- at which breakfast is included.

The manager might be better off spending his time training front desk and housekeeping staff rather than responding to every review on Tripadvisor! ;)

Room Tip: Not next to a door to the outside!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DisneyWorlders
Mark L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with me regarding your most recent stay with us. We truly value your input and very much rely on our guests feedback in an effort to continuously improve our product and services. I would like to truly apologize for the cleanliness issues you had with your room, as there is no acceptable excuse for this. In addition, the Front Desk Clerk should have handled your situation much better, as our goal is to exceed your expectiaons, which regretfully in your case we failed to make that happen. I accept full responsibility for what you experienced while staying with us, and please be assured I will review your feedback with the department heads in an effort to prevent this from happening again in the future. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope that you would afford us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future should your travels bring you back to the area again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 October 2011

Staff are welcoming and pleasant. All the decor in the hotel is modern and clean. Food was tasty. Beds were comfortable. Nothing bad to say for this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Mark L, Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

On behalf of staff and management, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Strongsville. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest that stays with us. Your feedback will be shared with the staff of the hotel and I will personally acknowledge those that made your stay a memorable one. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon should your travels bring you back to the area again. Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Booked this hotel to accommodate a company meeting. Hotel staff went above and beyond and was very accommodating. Travel globally and this was one of the best. Only thing so-so was quality of food and banquet room got a little stuffy. Value was excellent.

• Stayed: October 2011

On behalf of staff and management, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Strongsville. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest that stays with us. Your feedback will be shared with the banquet staff that serviced your event as well as the entire staff of the hotel. We certainly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we serviced your meeting and hope that you would utilize our facility again for future meetings and overnight accommodations. Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 15 October 2011

We stayed here after our son's wedding reception at Briarwood Golf Course. The room was great and the bed was comfortable. The location is great too. We were able to check in to our room early. The staff was great very helpful. The only downfall was the shuttle service that they offered was too expensive.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Mark L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2011

Reviewed 10 October 2011

This hotel was nicer than I expected. The rooms were renovated so they were updated & very clean. My stay was very restful because the beds were so comfortable. This seems to be an older property that has been maintained & renovated. The bathrooms, while updated, were on the small size. The TV in the room was an older style bulky box vs. an updated sleek flat screen - not a big deal it just would have looked nicer to have a flat screen. The check in folks were pleasant & efficient. This is a large hotel so it would be a great spot for an event. I am glad I stayed at this Holiday Inn!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We got a great rate on Travel Zoo for our three-night stay at this hotel. I was looking forward to swimming in the pool our first evening there, only to be disappointed due to the fact that the pool was closed because of a big party being held there. I was not the only one who was upset that I could not swim. When the pool finally opened at 9, loud music continued to blare, and so many young men were diving and being raucous (despite the no diving signs) that I was forced to leave. The next two nights, however, I had the pool all to myself, and it was large and lovely. My husband got stuck in the elevator, only to be rescued several minutes later when he placed a call on the emergency phone. Someone knocked on the door to see if he was there, left, and apparently got the elevator to go again--without offering any apologies. The elevators were very slow in general. Other than that, though, the room was very lovely and quiet, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We only wished that we hadn't had these two unpleasant experiences that dampened our otherwise very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Mark L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

On behalf of staff and management, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Strongsville. I apologize that the pool was not available on the first day of your stay, as we had a private party booked in that area. This is a one-time situation as the event was not intended to be as large as it was. In addition, please extend our apologies to your husband for having had issues with the elevator; as there is no excuse for our staff not extending an apology for the inconvenience he experienced. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every guest that stays with us. Your feedback will be shared with the management staff to ensure that we better handle these situations when they arise. We hope that you have an opportunity to visit us again soon should your travels bring you back to the area again. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us and Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Stayed here with family for a hockey tournament in Sept. Rooms were clean & adequate for our stay. We had asked for a fridge & 1 was in our room along with a microwave when we checked in. Housekeeping did a terrific job even though there were a lot of hockey families. Front desk was very friendly & informative. Kids absolutely loved the pool! We never ate at the hotel restaurants so I can't comment on that. The fact that the ice rink is a short walk across the parking lot is an additional bonus. We would stay there again if the need arises.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor which we liked.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Mark L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Strongsville, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Holiday Inn Strongsville

Also consider these accommodations in or near Strongsville
6.3 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middleburg Heights Cleveland
Home2 Suites by Hilton Middlebur...
#2 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
7.3 km away
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland Airport / Middleburg Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Cleveland...
#1 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
7.1 km away
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airport
Sonesta ES Suites Cleveland Airp...
#3 of 11 in Middleburg Heights
15.8 km away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Cleveland South - Independence
15.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Cleveland-Richfield

Been to Holiday Inn Strongsville? Share your experiences!