“Good value, Clean Room but smelled, Hotel needs Repairs and Updating”

Days Inn Toledo Airport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Swanton
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We arrived at the hotel later in the evening and was able to obtain two nonsmoking rooms on the 2nd floor. After checking in, we noticed that they didn't have an elevator so we went back and had our rooms changed to the 1st floor. I would have thought we would have been told when checking in that they had no elevator and would that be a problem? We used the side entrance to enter which I assumed we would have to use our room key to open (there was an access panel on the door) but the door was unlocked. I didn't think that was very safe so I inquired about it and was told that it was broken and didn't work. I explained to the gentleman that it wasn't very safe for the guests to have side doors into the hotel unlocked at night but he didn't seem to concerned with my complaint and didn't apologize. The two rooms that we had were very clean and had all the necessary ammenities including a microwave and dorm refrigerator. However, the rooms were in serious need of updating. The headboard in one of the rooms actually came out of the wall when I was trying to find a receptacle for my cell phone (there was none near the dresser inbetween the two beds). The shower head housing was mounted to a piece of wood on the wall and part of it had come loose. The carpet was in need of replacing but was clean, same thing for the curtains and bed linens. The positives of the hotel is it was a good value and was clean and it's right beside the Toledo airport which was a plus for us since we were flying out the next morning. You get what you pay for with this place. Not bad but in no way great.

Room Tip: No elevator so stay on the 1st floor
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Toledo Airport

Reviewed 9 May 2011

I recently spent two nights at the Days Inn by the Toledo Express airport. The hotel appears to be a little dated (hallway carpeting needs to be replaced/hallways need paint), but given what I needed it for (sleeping), the outdated extraneous stuff didn't bother me.

The room was clean. Given that the Ohio turnpike is less than .25 miles away, I was amazed that I did not hear traffic noise at anytime. The bed was a bit firm, but nothing that kept me awake. Free wi-fi. The continental breakfast was standard fare.

The price, however, was unbeatable!

If you want a motel that is cheap in price, but clean and comfortable, I would recommend this Days Inn.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2010

Let me first inform those that this is not a "fancy" hotel property. It is close to the airport and other than that there is not much around in the area. With that said, it seems like a perfect business hotel. Check in was a positive and good experience as was the entire stay. Let me finish by saying it felt very safe and from the facilities offered at this hotel it was a steal. For 58$ after tax I slept in a room with 1 queen. (Included) -> Free internet, hot continental b-fast, pool, spa, fitness center, and airport shuttle!) Great property at a great value! I would consider this perfect for those on business or families traveling and looking for a place to crash before they continue their trip. (Basically a perfect in between hotel.)

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Stayed here after a long day at Cedar Point (we were on our way home). We arrived at approximately midnight, and the staff was a bit slow at checking us in (probably felt longer than it actually was, because we were so tired). That was the only major negative. We had our dog with us, and even the "pet friendly" room we were assigned was spic and span. That was the best thing about the hotel, it was extraordinarily clean. Otherwise the room was perfectly average, although overpriced. But it's near Cedar Point, what are you going to do?

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2010

A nice surprise on our return trip to Maine.The hotel is located right oft he highway. It appears to be a new building once inside but I believe it to be a few years old.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2009

This hotel is a great place to stay. The staff are friendly. The rooms are the cleanest of all the hotels we stayed in. Beds were comfortable and breakfast was great. We found this hotel in an Ohio Hotel Coupon Book. Great price.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 December 2007

This is the second Christmas we've stayed at the Days Inn Toledo Airport. We initially chose the hotel based on the proximity of the motel to the relatives we were in town visiting. We were very pleasantly surprised at how nice the motel was. Everything is very clean and well cared for. The rooms are spacious and nicely appointed. The majority of the staff are friendly and very helpful (we did interact with one front desk clerk who seemed a bit dour but she was still helpful and not unpleasant or anything). Housekeeping is wonderful.

You would think that being located right next to the airport you would hear a lot of aircraft coming and going but things are extremely quiet at this motel and airport noise is not a problem. The only morning we heard a plane is when an f-16 took off from the nearby Air National Guard base.

If I had to pick one downside of this property it would be that there is no elevator so if you stay on the second floor you need to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs. If this would be difficult for you I would suggest that you request a ground floor room in advance of your stay.

All in all an excellent value. We'll probably stay there next Christmas, too.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mefine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Swanton
9.1 km away
29.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express Wauseon
11.4 km away
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee

Been to Days Inn Toledo Airport? Share your experiences!