All reviewsgreat hotelroom was cleancollege visitwedding weekendexcellent staynice place to staybusiness tripthe hotel staffmini fridgestaff was friendlyconvenient locationwaffleslobbyheidelbergohiouniversityaccommodations
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Hilton really needs to look at this hotel. After staying at 30+ Hampton Inns over the years, I can honestly say that it was the worst. While it was clean and the people were friendly, it is about thirty years out of date. I would compare it to a deprssing motel 6. I was also suprised to find that while there was plenty of room for one, the room did not have a desk, which should be considered a minimum requirement for any business traveler.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank DenverWing
Hampton2492, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tiffin, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am surprised that you feel our hotel is comparable to a Motel 6 of 30 years in age. Hampton Inn of Tiffin, is just turning 10 years old. We actually are in the midst of renovations. Most of our rooms were completed in March of 2011, our meeting room facility, fitness room, hallways,and pool were also completed in March of 2011. Most everyone that comes to our hotel asks us if we are brand new. So, I am surprised at this review.

I do hope that you will visit us again, when our lobby renovation will be completed. Our team is excited to unveil the final renovation to our guests. We have a great team here, and a very clean, inviting hotel. Travel safely.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We came to Tiffin for a football game. We arrived very late at night, well after midnight. Prior to our arrival we were driving around town a little lost. Neither my wife or me had bothered to get directions to this hotel. She made the reservation and figured Tiffin was small enough, how could we not find the Hampton. The Hampton is off the beaten path a bit and one is not likely to happen past it when entering town from the west. The clerk that checked us in was able to direct us to the hotel over the telephone. He happily talked us in. He then he efficiently checked us into our room. He was wide awake and on his game. He made us feel like he had been waiting for us and that we were welcome to stay at his inn. We made our reservations at the last minute and we ended up with the special needs room. We were told the rest of the hotel was full. The parking lot didn't suggest this to be true. No big deal. The room was clean but it was overdue for a full make over. Stain in carpeting (someone once dropped and iron maybe), crack in bathroom floor. The shower head and spout are in need of repair. I hate it when water comes out of both the shower head and water spout and the pressure was weak. The bed was king sized and comfortable. The television was flat screen and the picture was great. The picture was good enough for me to notice that it was great. Ironically it was the same brand of television as I have at home and my picture doesn't seem as good. We slept late and didn't take advantage of the breakfast although the breakfast area was full of people when we walked by in the morning. I am not in favor of the price of this hotel for the what we used but that was our fault I guess. There is an indoor pool and fitness room. I didn’t see or use either. I am coming back to town in a couple years. I will probably stay at this Hampton but we’ll see.

Room Tip: Use your GPS or print directions prior to your arrival into Tiffin.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Danegd
Hampton2492, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tiffin, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to write this review. Hampton Inn of Tiffin is in the middle of renovations. We are going on 11 years old, and are doing our best to get these renovations done in a timely manner. Our lobby will be completed by the end of the first quarter 2012. I will pass this onto our staff, as we appreciate any comments that can make us better.... Tony will be grateful for your kind words... I will do more than look into your issue with our shower heads. I do care how our guests view our hotel. We do hope you come stay with us again. Travel safely!!!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Great place to stay in Tiffin. Impressed with hospitality of staff always greeting customers and offering assistance. Large room with real shower. Good AC and that comfortable Hampton bed. Adequate breakfast. Wifi slower in my room as it was on the very end away from front desk. Bar and grill in the parking lot ok for food if you don't want to drive and offers 10% off for guests. A great choice if in Tiffin.

Room Tip: probably all about equal
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We were very excited when I got an email that we were Gold almost Diamond members & my husband who had to travel to 3 cities for his computer programs he wrote for companies, following up on their happiness with them and if they wanted upgrades or more copies for other locales.

I was sent a survey to fill out with floor we prefer, near or away from elevaotrs, type of room ((King, Queen, Suite), HH reward which has been a bottle of water even for 2 people in the room & chips, candy, nuts, etc. So I chose top floor, away from elevator, in accessible room which is a larger room. We are 3 stays from Diamond, so we will do them by end of August.

So first hotel was Hampton Inn in Tiffin OH. A young guy at check in had my reservation handed too him. HH # given, and he gave me 229 which was last room on 2nd floor of 3 floor hotel. We get up there to immediately relax in the bed after 3 hour ride in bad weather. No HH reward sent up for us. Then I had to visit the bathroom and barefoot I go in and cut my foot on the cracked tile fllor the length of the tub & another in front of the sink. My husband felt rocks in the duvet, which was down that was washed & is now clumps which we have had at low class hotels. SO I visited the front desk to a nice lady busy with another customer who also had cracked floor. She tells them they're renovating the rooms starting on 3 to 2 then 1..

Then I arrive with my GOLD card & tell her that I have 4 band-aids closing the cut, She apolgizes and moves us to a Gold Upgrade room on 3, but elevator is in a hall across from it. She has a maid join me to visit room 318. It is newly remodeled and was quite a different room with a quality bed, desk, carpet, paintings. Great night's sleep and we were givien free local calls. Still no HH reward brought up. Breakfast was eggs, sausage, potatoes and Folger's type coffee. Bill reading -0- due was good.

Then we decide to shower and wash hair with a handheld shower. Husband gets in first as I type gas prices into Gas Buddy and I hear him scream. I open the door and water is all over the place. The handheld shower fell apart when the water was started in it. The hand part with shower shot over by the toilet leaving a metal hose dancing on the ceiling and tile walls shooting water. I dropped all the towels to catch all the water. We pack, got to the desk to tell the man there about the broken shower. I told him I will shower elsewhere. He took our keys and stated for us not to worry since no maintenance is there presently. So we left.

I told Hilton about this place & they were quite interested. I was told my 12,500 points would be back to my account. 500 points for no HH Reward in our room or brought up to it.

Room Tip: Tiffin is far South of Toledo and Bowling Green University, but nothing there but cheap points to stay there when in Toledo which is 30K points for hotels.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank theawesome1
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and this was a decent ones. The rooms where clean and comfortable. The pool is an indoor pool and was clean and well taken care of. The biggest draw back was that it was out in the middle of nowhere. There is a restaurant next door but we didn't receive the best of services there. This restaurant is not affiliated with the hotel but since it is the only one close by I thought I should mention it. The price is great for the value and is worth the few extra miles to get to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Hampton2492, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tiffin, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2011

Thank you so much for your taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We strive to be the best we can be. It is important for us to hear our guests responses to their stay, good or bad. The criticisms only can make us better. I hope on your travels back to our area, that you choose to visit us again.

Safe Travels....