See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2017

I found the staff to be friendly as well as the other guests, though I feel I could have had a better experience if I spent a little more money at another hotel. I booked a non-smoking room, but it was right next to the smoking rooms, so I may as well have had a smoking room, as there wasn't much difference. They warned me when I checked in, and also said they didn't have another non-smoking room they could offer me instead. The towels felt and smelled clean, but were noticeably stained (which is why hotels use white towels, to show off how clean they are supposed to be, right?) The refrigerator in the room was larger than I expected, though unplugged when I arrived, so not terribly convenient to use immediately. The decor matched the pictures and appeared recently re-done. Mattress was still old and lumpy and I didn't made sure to keep my socks on the whole time, as I didn't feel comfortable walking in my bare feet on those floors. I missed the little things like carpet and toilet seat covers. It was OK for one night. I wasn't expecting luxury. If I had to stay at this exit off the highway in Toledo, OH again, I would book another of the hotels instead.

Room Tip: Only the FRONT hallway is all non-smoking.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2017

I was drawn into this location after driving 13 hours. I just exited the turnpike and see this sign advertising $37 rooms. When I rented the room the clerks says a higher amount. So, I mention about the huge sign outside. And of course that's if you stay for 3 days in a row with them. They have no pool and they are along side the Ohio turnpike, seems to me the only person staying 3 days with them is in the witness protection program or hiding from a spouse. The sign also said all new rooms. In my opinion, NO! Some things are new in the room, one being the bright white paint in the bathroom indicates just how "rough" the towels look on the towel rod. My air conditioner didn't work the panel was missing and had a couple of knobs marked with magic marker what the settings were. The room was 77 degrees when I checked in and in the morning it was 78 degrees, because the sun was coming up. After you travel 13 hours you lose your will to fight with the front desk clerk for another room. So look at this room and say to yourself - if you put lipstick on a pig is not still a pig. This place has plenty of lipstick but important things like the AC never got fixed. The fridge was unplugged and I had to pull it away from the wall and find the end of the cord. Just say no to this place. Their are plenty of motels at this exit of the turnpike. I'm ready to try anyone of them. But not Motel 6. I often wonder does Tom Bodett who does their radio commercials every stay at a motel 6? Some are great, this isn't one of them.

Room Tip: Say away from room 147
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank gone2much2behome
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Unit was older. Front desk not very helpful. Wasn't the worst motel I stayed at this trip, but was the worst Motel 6. Shopping and restaurants close by. Convenient to highways.
If I hadn't booked 'on the fly' I probably could have done better.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Michael M
Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

I would HIGHLY suggest staying at a different hotel. The hallways reeked of smoke and our "non smoking" room had a stale odor, an ash tray, and cigarette burn marks on the sheets. Comforter was stained, fridge was not plugged in so we couldn't use it for a good hour or so until it became cool. Don't get me started on the floors. Wooden floors are great, when there cleaned. I made the terrible decision to walk to the bathroom with no socks and my feet were covered in crumbs and black dust. It was so filthy, I wanted to walk out then. Here is the disgusting picture. In addition, other guests were very loud and rowdy. Do yourself a favor- Saving a few bucks isn't worth this.

- picture of my disgusting foot is below in the hotel room-

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chitownbuckeye5
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

To make a long story short- we ended up sleeping in our economy rental at 12:30 am and was thankful for it. It was the most disgusting place ever. And someone decided to begin fighting so loud we could not sleep and left. No one at the front desk to complain to - the place was disgusting and no refund offered. Save yourself 52 dollars and sleep on the couch behind the hotel. It's quieter and cleaner.

Stayed: May 2017