See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Affordable pricing, Friendly and Excellent service at the desk, very clean and comfortable room. This isn’t my first time here and every time I come it’s always the same satisfaction. Keep up the good work!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2018

I needed to spend one night in Toledo but did not want to spend much so I decided to try this Motel 6. When judging this motel, I took into consideration it only cost $38 or $45 with tax. Obviously, it would not be the same experience I would get at a higher priced property.

On the good side, my room was clean and the bed was comfortable. On the down side, the window was not good at keeping out parking lot noise. Also, the doors to each room tended to slam shut if the guest did not make an effort to prevent this. Unfortunately, most people forgot to do so. I am a deep sleeper so I did okay but other people could find the noise to be a problem.

As others have said, shampoo is not provided at a Motel 6. Nor is lotion or much of anything else (that's how they keep the prices low). They give you two small bars of soap and toilet paper. I was just getting over a cold so Kleenex would have been nice but the toilet paper worked for that. WiFi is included. It was good enough for basic needs. I successfully watched a couple short videos on CNN but don't plan on streaming Netflix. Too bad. The channel selection on the TV is okay but limited. Again, this is how they keep the cost down.

Would I stay there again? Maybe. I go to Toledo once a year for an antique show. The less I spend on a motel, the more I can spend on collectibles. Maybe I will try this again next year. It sure beats getting up painfully early and driving to Toledo the morning of the show.

Room Tip: Since the windows do not keep the noise out, it does not matter if you are on the front (parking lot side) or the back (freeway side).
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Where to start????? My husband and I along with our two dogs drove across country set on starting a new chapter in our lives. Along the route we were notified the home we were moving into caught fire. Needless to say we ended up staying at a Super 8 as they accepted pets when we arrived. When trying to book a second night we were told they no longer accepted pets! We needed a room immediately and decided Motel 6 would be okay for one night, than planned on finding a hotel that was of “higher” standards while we contemplated our dilemma.... That said, we have been at Motel 6 BY CHOICE for over a week, trying to find a house to rent or buy. The decision to stay here instead of an extended stay is due to the OUTSTANDING customer service! The compassion, care, friendliness has been beyond any customer service I have experienced!
The staff has gone above and beyond. Huge shoutout to Heidi who has shown
Compassion to our two fur babies, greeting them everyday, checking on them while we have house hunted, asks about how we are coming along with our search, and listening to me complain! To Tonya the housekeeper, KUDOS! She has checked on our fur babies, played and comforted them while we have been out. Our room is spotless after she comes in and the hallway smells fresh, no smoke smells! Huge THANKS to Mike, who always makes sure I have fresh coffee, extra towels for the dogs feet after going out in the snow.., for crediting us a night for the week rate., for saying prayers for us, and even looking for homes for us!

I can’t say enough about how wonderful they have been. Sure, we could spend more money for a bigger room, for that matter a suite with a separate bedroom, couch, kitchen.... Yet I truly believe we couldn’t find a place that has shown us the humanity, compassion, friendliness, care for our fur babies as we have found here!

So grateful....
Sheila and Rory

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2018

DECEPTIVE:
I was passing through Toledo heading west for Christmas. I needed a place to sleep 12/21/17. I was drawn in by the huge illuminated bill board sign on the exit ramp that said Motel 6 (logo) $39.99 (Huge and Illuminated), ALL NEW ROOMS (posted on sing)

UNFRIENDLY:
The charge was $47.99 +Tax+Tax. I said "the sign states $39.99". She said "that's for a 3 night stay". I said "it doesn't say that". She said "well that's what it is". I was tired and booked it.

I emailed Mike the manager (email address on the receipt) and told him what happened and I was passing through on my way home the following week and wanted an adjustment (which he did) and I want the room for $39.99 like the sign says. He said give them his name and I'll get the $39.99 price even if it's only for 1 night.

I rolled through again 12/28/17. The lady at the desk quoted me the $47.99. I said "what about the $39.99 like the sign says". She said "That's for 3 nights". I said "it doesn't say that on the sign". She got snotty and quipped back "I don't make the signs".

I said "I went through all this last week and Mike said to give me the room at $39.99" and I began to show her the email from Mike.
UNFRIENDLY and CLUELESS: She curtly said "I don't want to see that" and turned away in a huff and finalized the transaction for the $39.99. She was nasty and spiteful until I left.

My rooms seemed clean but minimally stocked; no shampoo, no TV Channel Guide. Poor quality repairs, Noisy refrigerator (had to brace the back panel against the wall to stop the vibration noise), faucet handle loose, poor flushing toilets.

All things the cleaning people should be making note of every time they spend 5 minutes in a room. The maintenance man must be on vacation............ permanently.

Room Tip: Super 8 near by
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2017 via mobile

It was a very nice surprise to find this well located motel just by I-90. The room is clean, spacious and equipped with a fridge and a microwave oven. Bathroom with bathtub. King size bed and a convenient table with chairs.
Parking is free. All for 50 bucks.
It’s walking distance from Ride Aid and several restaurants. I particularly liked dining at Nick’s Family Cafe. Also a nice surprise.

Stayed: November 2017