Quality Inn
US$84
Quality Inn(Toledo)
US$67
TripAdvisor
Red Roof Inn Toledo - University(Toledo)(Great Value!)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 6, 2017

Stayed here with softball team for a tournament, wrong choice. First the TV wouldn't work. Had to ask every day for towels. Hallways had a Smokey smell. Dining area small, plus breakfast was not good. Went out for breakfast after first morning. Hotel grounds were not kept up. Asked for password for use of lobby computer, was told that it didn't work.

Room Tip: Stay on the other side of the purple neon lights of the Gentlemen's Club.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2017

After a 4.5 hour drive.....When I arrived, the lady for the front desk was outside smoking with a guest. She was dressed in pants and a bright pink T Shirt with the collar cut out of it, not in the typical blouse/top/shirt worn by hotel staff for QIs. She explained she was new and she was very pleasant. The positives were nice fresh linens, toiletries, TV channel choices, and the furniture was very nice. The problems were: Overall the hotel has been redecorated but mainly there was a lot of coverup of damaged walls and basic run down conditions in the property masked by some modern wallpaper and decor. My room was standing open when I arrived as if left open by housekeeping. The lady who checked me in accompanied me to the room to confirm nobody was in it, which was nice. I was so tired by the time I settled in, there was no way I was going to ask for a new room or hotel, but the bathroom floor had not been mopped recently and the window sill was filthy. There was no deadbolt as in the whole mechanism was missing but I was able to secure the door with the security lever/lock on the door jamb. The internet password did not work, either. I was traveling on business and needed to get online to get work done. I explained this to the front desk lady and she said she would have to text the manager to see if the password had changed. She did not get back to me. On a whim I tried the password in all lower case and I was able to log in but there was no internet service going to the router! It kept going in and out but most of the time it was just showing no internet access. I used my hotspot to get some critical things completed. I got no response when I emailed Choice through my CP account online, about my issues with this stay. I called the manager who told me I should have demanded a new room because 'that is how the hotel business works.' That would not be my assessment of the hotel business having traveled as much as I have but nonetheless, my biggest issue by the time I settled in was getting online and getting work done. Demanding a new room was not going to fix the internet. Most QIs across the US that I have stayed at did not have issues such as these to even have to think about addressing let alone the lack of response from staff. Further, the lack of response from Choice Hotels Customer Service is also not typical of my long history of good experiences with Choice. Take my advice and pay 30.00 more for the QI on Secor road when in town or try one of the Redroofs for decent accommodations for a great rate.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

Interesting and very clean hotel. Granite bathroom tops, fine wooden furniture, awesome breakfast. Great desk to work from. Super nice staff. Things they need to work on: why have a granite bathroom with cheap plastic fixtures that work poorly? You spent the money to look high end, why go cheap on that? Internet works spotty, they said it was a known issue from their provider.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2017 via mobile

We stayed with a group of friends in May. Nearly every party had a negative experience with their room. While the rooms had new, comfortable beds, the rest of the room was outdated. One friend had a leaking shower that leaked into their bedroom area. Another party had their room left open/unlocked all day by housekeeping. The worst part was that the entire hotel absolutely reeked of marijuana from about 6 PM on. No joke, it was like being at a rock concert. We did complain to the desk manager, and while they were very nice, they absolutely did nothing about it. It is also important to note that this particular hotel that there are several strip clubs nearby, so it is likely to attract a lot of partiers. There is one strip club less than 30 yards from the front door of the hotel. Oh yeah, and the breakfast totally sucked. Not your typical run-of-the-mill Quality Inn.
One last thing, while it is important to note that we had a very poor experience, I would like to say that the staff were generally very nice.

Stayed: May 2017
1  Thank lazymtnbeagle
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

So I was booked here by an employer. The motel was under renovations. I was in a renovated room and it was far from that. The first night no refrigerator. The bathroom was disgusting. There was a gentleman's club in the parking lot and it was $58 a night to stay here. Never would I ever stay here again. I actually checked out after 3 nights and was booked for a week. The day I checked out they had old mattresses lined up in the hallway because they were being replaced. I didn't even feel safe going out at night.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business