We thought since this was a Hilton property our stay would be at least adequate. Wrong!
We checked in late,around 10PM, unpacked and ready for bed then realized our toilet didn't have a handle to flush. Called the front desk and was told there were no more rooms and they wouldn't have maintenance until the morning. So my husband said he would manually flush it by removing the tank cover until someone comes in the morning. The said they would credit our bill $100.00 and give us free breakfast while we stayed (4 nights). Naturally the desk help the next morning knew nothing of this and said they can't authorize a free breakfast and we would need to talk to the manager that would be in on Mon. Ok I thought I'll sign breakfast to our rm and deal with it then. I'm thinking what kind of hotel doesn't have someone of authority on property over a weekend. So as we leave for the morning we mention the toilet handle again (which they seemed to know nothing about) and was assured it would be taken care of. Wrong! Upon our return that evening still no toilet handle, we call and now they sent some one, wow after 3 reminders. I go to the pool, no towels. I should mention you will wait at least 10 min. for an elevator and then when the door opens you see a housekeeping cart taking up the entire space, no rm for guests. I need to mention the restaurant. It's $15.00 a person for the breakfast buffet which is terrible. We at least expected a buffet like at a Hampton Inn. You have to know to ask for a menu, it sure wasn't offered. They said an omelette was part of the buffet so I ordered one, a 3" omelette came out on a 5" plate and was awful to say the least. So After 2 nights we decided we couldn't do 4 nights and left. The disorganization of this hotel was the worst. To Hilton, this hotel brings your credibility to 0, we will totally rethink our stays at Hilton property's. We thank God for the wonderful Hyatt down the road which by the way was less expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree By Hilton Cleveland - Westlake is a 266 room full service hotel located just off I-90 at exit 156 in a prestigious western suburb of Cleveland. The DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland - Westlake is just minutes from Crocker Park and Lake Erie (Huntington Beach.) We are only 20 minutes from Cleveland attractions: Progressive Field (home of the Cleveland Indians), Cleveland Brown s Stadium, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the Science Center, and the Quickens Loan Arena where LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers play all their home games. Special in room amenities are free high-speed Internet, free local calls, and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Westlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cleveland -West Hotel Westlake
- Westlake Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Westlake
- DoubleTree By Hilton Cleveland Westlake Ohio