After a 10 hour road trip, we couldn't wait to get to our favorite hotel chain, the double tree. When we got to the front desk, we were greeted by "last name" no warm welcome, no how are you, nothing. The gal at the front desk was busy chumming around with some of her co workers, didn't bother to offer the traditional cookie upon arrival, or ask if we needed anything for our stay. She was not dressed in front desk attire, but something completely unprofessional, that did not fit.
We had to cross through the 1970's style giant atrium that is wall to wall carpet that encompasses the oddly positioned indoor pool...the indoor rooms have outdoor windows that overlook the pool. When these windows are closed by shades, it looks like a weird tenement building. It is extremely hot and smelly in this area, as the pool is heated as well as the spa. Chlorine and steam permeate the air. If you have to stay here, beg for a room away from this smelly noisy area.
This property has 1 elevator, so prepare to just use the stairs, the employees have no choice but to use this for banquets and functions, along with housekeeping. Very crowded and busy.
We arrived in our very clean, newly remodeled room, which is very nice. However, having 2 adults and 2 teenagers, trying to squeeze into the "fullsize" beds was nothing shy of a joke. One person is plenty for these "fullsize" beds. I called down to front desk, asked for a roll out bed for my tall son, and was told by the charming front desk lady, that "we don't have roll out beds". We went to Walmart and bought a pump and some blow ups. (fast forward 4 days, and low and behold there were two roll out beds on our floor that were brought in for some little league players!! really?)
Our room had no toilet paper, or any hangers in closet, and no extra blankets. I walked down to the front desk after waiting 3 hours for a blanket to be brought up, grabbed my toilet paper and my blanket.
Our hallway had dirty room service plates, utensils and old food at two rooms that stayed out overnight, gross. There was paper, luggage tags and junk all through the hallway of our floor, and we just joked about when and if it would be picked up.
One of the housekeepers put the fold out lock slide in each door to keep it open as she came and went to her cleaning cart. She started cleaning around 9, and the giant slam, slam, slam, slam each time she came and went to her cart, was our cue to get rolling. One young lady was kind enough to bring a wooden wedge to keep door open the whole time she cleaned, to avoid the chronic slamming.
This entire staff needs to be retrained. From the distracted, unprofessional, uncaring front desk staff, to the disorganized housekeeping staff, and the really bored, disgruntled bar and wait staff.
They are all doing YOU a favor, not the other way around.
Sadly, I would rather sleep in a tent then spend money on this place!! go down the street to Hyatt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree By Hilton Cleveland - Westlake is a 266 room full service hotel located just off I-90 at exit 156 in a prestigious western suburb of Cleveland. The DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland - Westlake is just minutes from Crocker Park and Lake Erie (Huntington Beach.) We are only 20 minutes from Cleveland attractions: Progressive Field (home of the Cleveland Indians), Cleveland Brown s Stadium, The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, the Science Center, and the Quickens Loan Arena where LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers play all their home games. Special in room amenities are free high-speed Internet, free local calls, and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Cleveland Westlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Cleveland -West Hotel Westlake
- Westlake Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Westlake
- DoubleTree By Hilton Cleveland Westlake Ohio