“Two times not a charm”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Willoughby
Louisville, Kentucky
“Two times not a charm”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were travelling to Canada, so we stopped there on the 'way' to Canada. Stayed in room 203, the room was a little dated, but fine. The king bed was alright, not the best and not the worst. There was a fridge & microwave in the room along with a big chair and a loveseat. Breakfast was continental, nothing to complain about.

On our way home, we stopped there again. Entered room 207. I always inspect the bed to see if 1) it's clean 2) bed bugs. There were no beg bugs, however, I moved the pillow to inspect the right side of the bed and I lost count, there were a minimum of 10 hairs in that one area, along with a black smudge on the pillow which looked like mascara. I immediately called the front desk and they moved us right away to room 209.

This room was identical to room 207 & 203. Checked the bed, it was fine except for the long hair I removed which I think just fell off the person that cleaned the room. My husband needed to do some payroll for his staff and tried to use the internet. It did not work. Called the front desk again and was told they would reset the router. That did not fix the problem.

In the morning I brought the laptop down to the breakfast area, again, it did not work. I spoke to a gentleman at the front desk he said there was another router that probably needed to be reset but it was located in the restaurant next door that didn't open until 9am. We would be heading home before that. I told him when we were in 203 it worked fine, he stated that there were routers in some of the rooms. I took the laptop to that room to see if it worked and it was fine, except the room was not clean. So he gave me a room key to 205 for my husband to get his work done.

I had asked the front desk for a discount when we had to change rooms, she said she would talk to the manager. Upon check out no discount given. I emailed the manager yesterday and to date there has been no response.

Would I stay here again? No. It was convenient to the interstate and somewhere to lay your head, but with those problems, we will not return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kirtland, Ohio
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Our daughter, her husband, and children have stayed here four different times while visiting us.

It is an older facility - meaning larger rooms than the newer motels across the street. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The staff friendly. The rooms have the vanity outside the bathroom which is a convenience. The attached restaurant is a VERY GOOD italian restaurant and there is a Burger King and McDonalds across the street. The breakfast is sufficient enough to get the day started.

There may be a few dings in walls or stains on carpets - but the facility has always been clean. The pool is an outdoor pool and not useable in bad weather.

There is a mall about 5 minutes away and a Farmpark for the kids about 10 minutes away (where they can milk a cow and learn how cheese is made).

This cannot be beat for the reasonable price whether you are spending the night or staying a week. It is about 20 minutes from Downtown Cleveland. The Motel is right at the freeway exit.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet - my kids have had rooms at the back of the facility near the woods and have NEVER...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank catladyjj
polk city
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Over the years I have had pleasurable stays at Days Inns. However, my recent visit was unfortunately a horrible exception. To say that this hotel is in deplorable condition is an understatement.
As you can imagine, the experience fell far short of my expectations..Considering the money that I spent there. The room rate was $70.99/night at two nights. For the rate I paid I am not expecting the Crown Plaza, but I am expecting a clean room, clean shower area, and a working lock. I have taken pictures of the condition of the room. No where on their website did it state this location was under construction actually it said quite the opposite" newly remodeled". The room was beyond dirty; we even contemplated sleeping in the car. When we talked to the police at the gas station next door, he stated that they get called to this drug hotel all of the time. The pictures on the website were not that of the actual rooms. The hotel manager was not on site to talk to and all the rooms were sold out. The hotel manager is very rude and not customer focused! I would recommend to save your money and sleep in your car!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The bathtub was so dirty neither my wife or I wanted to take a shower. There was blood on the pillow on my bed and stains on my wife's bedding. The breakfast area was in total chaos in the morning since it was tiny and many were trying to eat. The day person at the counter did not seem to concerning about the room. The manager who was scheduled to come in at 8AM had not arrived by 8:35 when we left.

Room Tip: Inspect it thoroughly!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Winchester
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The hotel is old and needs a lot of renovation. Our room had a strange smell of mold, dust and under the desk it smelled on urin or something - nasty smell and it was not pleasant at all, The carpet was dirty dispite that it was vacumed and refreshed everyday (probably it wasn't never washed for years). The bathroom had no ventilation system and you could see that the walls have been painted over and over again because mold traces still were coming through. The sink was a bit cracked and it looked filthy and dirty. The breakfast was a little bit of nothing, better get your stuff at Burger Kings across the street or at the nearby Speedway gas station. One positiv thing was the outdoor pool that was well maintained and clean. The location of the hotel is realy convinient to get to Mentor or the Headlands Park beach, but dont stay there longer then 2 days - we had the "luck" to stay 5 days but just overnight to sleep...Thank you but never again, its oe of the worst hotel we've stayed in the past 3 years!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Good location, quite, comfortable, convenient location, Updating regularly.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Tomlrm
PORT ALLEGANY
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stopped here westbound following an afternoon of winetasting in the Geneva area. It is right off I-90 East of Cleveland. Basic, nothing special, but all adequate. Bathroom door and bathtub a bit battered and chipped, but no big deal. Breakfast is offered in a pleasant atrium sunspace.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for one as far away from the highway as possible, but we did not notice the nois...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ANNAMARGARET B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willoughby
0.2 km away
6.5 km away
Courtyard Cleveland Willoughby
6.6 km away
Motel 6 Cleveland-Willoughby

Been to Days Inn Willoughby/Cleveland? Share your experiences!