“Pretty decent, great price”

Hampton Inn Youngstown North
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Youngstown
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Just good for the money. Staff was great! Rooms were clean. Breakfast had quite a variety and loved the fact you could get a cup of tea or coffee all day long at the lobby with decent size "to go" cups. I was there for business. The internet worked great. The rooms had irons. I have stayed there twice in January and would stay there again for future business trips in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 December 2011

Got a room here after a trip to the East Coast. The place is pretty good although the Hampton Inn Youngstown West is a notch above this one. This place has been renovated, but checkout is an hour earlier than the other one which caught us by surprise! Overall ... not a bad place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Anthony C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown North, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Thank you for a good review! I will share your comments with the staff about your experience. Our normal check out time is at 11:00, however we are always willing to give late check outs at no additional cost to you. I hope in the future if you are in the Youngstown area that you give us another chance to go above and beyond. Thank you for staying with us...As always here at the Hampton Inn Youngstown North "We Love Having You Here!"

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Three couples checked into the Hampton Inn on October 17, all in town for a family event. When we came in we had a very good impression. There were other guests sitting around enjoying the lobby and drinking the free coffee and tea. It was very social. We were checked in very quickly. By the way, a note for those who stay there. A Handel's ice cream stand is diagonally across the street and that is rated one of the top ten ice creams in the world. We went over there after we checked in. The rooms were nice and there was a free bottle of water and a small packet of oreos in the room along with the usualy toiletries, a nice touch. My husband and I went to sleep and slept well through the night. We were enjoying the free breakfast with eggs and waffles the next morning when one of the other couples came in. They were in room 220 and there was a terrible noise in their room-the vent from the pool was making a loud noise. They complained about it and it was shut down-the pool is only open 6 am to midnight so there is no need for it to be on all night. They said it sounded like a bad bearing. Around 2 am it went on again, they complained and it was turned off. No need for the vent to be on at 2 am. Again around 4:30-5 am it went on again. She went down to swim in the morning and complained to the attendant who said she would take care of it and asked for their name and room number.. The third couple was also disturbed all night with the noise, they did not complain, were too tired to get up to go to breakfast and he was in a grumpy mood due to lack of sleep. When we checked out, the couple who complained were comped the room. The hotel did the right thing by them, but the third couple were very unhappy. So two out of three of us were satisfied.

Room Tip: Don't be above the pool vent-rooms 220 and 226
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Anthony C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Thank you for such a great review! I will share your comments with the staff about your experience. Thank you for letting me know about the noise from the outside, I will look into how we can make that better in the future and I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused your party. I hope in the future if you are in the Youngstown area that you give us another chance to go above and beyond. Thank you for staying with us...As always here at the Hampton Inn Youngstown North "We Love Having You Here!"

Anthony Cannistra
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2011

I booked this hotel last minute...we had to travel to a funeral. The price was pretty good, and we wanted something a little nicer than a Quality Inn or a Days Inn. The hotel lobby was under construction, which was only a minor inconvenience and couldn't be helped. The room where we stayed was recently redone. It was fairly spacious, clean, and best of all, the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was included in our room rate and was much better than what I typically expect. They had freshly made waffles (do it yourself), cereal, eggs, breads, muffins, fruit, a great selection of tea, coffee, and more. The best part of our stay was the staff. Everyone was extremely friendly, saying hello and remembering us. My father told the lady restocking the coffee supplies in the breakfast room that we were going to a funeral. She saw us the next morning, remembered us, and had the thoughtfulness to ask how things went. The lobby, when finished, will be beautiful, with a computer with free internet access (also in the rooms). The hotel was also clean. I would recommend it. My one suggestion...bring some bottled water. The water didn't have a great taste. I have a feeling this is due to the city, not the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ontheway2010
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We were warned the lobby was under renovations before we got there. Awesome service from Bridgette. Elevator is under renovation too = door doesn't close properly so it just sits there. Get past that, and it was a newly renovated and updated room. Pool and fitness center were clean and appreciated. Hope they fix the water pressure. That was a downer. Its above average if you want a clean comfy room, but can do better if they fix everything.

Room Tip: Ask about AAA discount. AARP is better
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Were there for a retreat and had a great stay. The staff takes a great care of the guests. Good Hampton breakfast and a working hi speed internet with LCD TVs and hot shower. Nothing more to ask.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2011

I stayed 4/7/2011 to 4/11/2011 a total of three nights. This hotel is terrible. The elevator smells and the walls are stained. Inside of our room, the bathroom door had stains and the comforter ( a picture speaks better) I posted a picture because you have to see it to believe it.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tired_0f_bad_h0tels
glarney, General Manager at Hampton Inn Youngstown North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2011

I would like to say how terribly sorry I am that you had such a bad expierance here with us. I would like you to know that we are planning a renovation project to begin soon. I know that does not excuse the comforter issue but I would like you to know that I am going to do everything in my power to make sure this never happens again. We value every guest that walks in our door and it is such a disappointment to me when I hear about a unsatisfied guest. Again, please accept my apology and rest assure I will make sure that anything like this does not happen again.

Gina Larney